♡ Introduce Yourself! ♡

Most of my friends just call me kathy (yes, in lowercase).

• I’ve played since season 2, I think.
  • I mostly play Pharah and Torbjorn. I’ve been playing Zarya quite a bit recently, though. I sometimes play Symmetra, too.
  • I love the designs of all of these guys. Pharah has neat movement and her splash damage makes her forgiving. Torbjorn’s turret is fun to play around with, giving armor to people who need it feels satisfying, and his gun feels super satisfying at melee range. I like Zarya’s bulkiness, her barriers, and the high that I get when I’m dealing damage at high charge. I think that Symmetra’s actually fun to use despite her gameplay of building turrets and protecting a point sounding more like work than fun.
  • I don’t like characters who exist just to shoot. McCree and Soldier don’t feel very interesting to use and, when playing snipers, I tunnelvision even worse than I usually do.
  • Blizzard World easily has my favorite visuals. I like King’s Row because all three of my mains are useful on it.
  • Zarya’s Barbarian and Totally 80s skins are both great. I love how goofy Santaclad is. Asp is a refreshing change of pace from what I feel was an endless stream of lazy, bad legendary skins for Pharah. Symmetra’s recolors are all decent and I like her Kali-inspired skins (I would love a Parvati skin), but dislike her other skins.
  • I use the forums just to socialize. I’m shy and perfectionist with my posts so I don’t post as often as I’d like.
4 Likes
  • My name is PyroPanda.
  • 8 months.
  • I flex. But I’d have to say my mains are Soldier, Mei, Orisa, and Ana (I can play any healer, though).
  • I find them versatile and well-rounded to play as.
  • McCree or Widowmaker. I suck at accurate shots.
  • I’d have to say King’s Row or Blizzard World!
  • The New York Excelsior skin on either Solider: 76 or Mercy.
  • My PC broke, so I’m just on the forums on my phone or tablet until my new PC parts get here.

Cheers,
-PyroPanda

6 Likes

Who are you? I’m Bec and I’m 19

How long have you played for? half a year so far

Who do you main? as of now Pharah , Orisa and Sombra Edit: Also Symmetra

Why do you main them? I just really like their play styles. I love terrorizing teams from above as Pharah. I love being a shield tank for my team boosting them with my ult. Last but not least I love sneaking in from behind and doing burst damage and disruption I love Sombras fast paced play style! Edit: I’m big on Symmetra because she is a support but not the traditional healing support character. On top of that she is a builder and oddly i like that the most though i do have a rough time figuring out whether to place TP or Shield Gen. Its hard ya know? One minute its “oh a shield gen would be perfect” and then all of a sudden it’s “Ah damn 4 of my teammates just died we really could have used that TP to cap right now.”

Who’s your least favorite hero? Torb. He knows what he did.

What’s your favorite map? Kings Row

What’s your favorite skin? Los Muertos for Sombra Edit: Symmetras Oasis skin!

Why do you use the forums? For a fun time!

4 Likes

Who are you?
I’m Mike, a 17 year old going into College for Acting.
How long have you played for?
A month after release, I played open beta too. So I thought, why not? Even though it was my first FPS, I was hooked. By Roadhog. Then I quit for a day.
Who do you main?
Lucio, I have over 500 hours over Xbox One and hit GM at 4020, I consider myself probably one of the only console Lucios who play the way I do and get away with it so often. (Have my own YouTube Slothy Dothy I rarely use, but I call myself DSPStanky (If he had stayed on Xbox))
Why do you main them?
Lucio is just like you and I, except he can skate on walls and has a boombox of a weapon!
Who’s your least favorite hero?
I strongly dislike Mercy, and the emotional toll she’s had on everyone. She is my least favorite hero in game, but lorewise I guess it’d be Symmetra.
What’s your favorite map?
Ilios hands down. No argument.
What’s your favorite skin?
Auditiva, because I get sunglasses.
Why do you use the forums?
I use them to voice my unpopular opinion, which no one cares about!

4 Likes
  • Hello, I am CowsGoMoo.

• I have been playing this game since the beta, starting off on console and moving to PC for a better experience.

• I main Mercy, Zenyatta, Lucio, and (mainly) Ana.

• I main these heroes because I like supporting my team in the battle, keeping them alive, and making sure that they win the match!

• My least favorite hero is Junkrat.

• I enjoy King’s Row, but I perform most well in Eichenwalde and Dorado.

• My favorite skin is the Snow Owl for Ana (that I never got during the Winter Wonderland event) and the new Genji skin is close behind.

• I mostly use the forums to see what people are talking about these days, or if I just want to talk to some people in a nice way. I can’t wait to meet new people and possibly make new friends here in these updated forums.

I hope you all have a nice day, and that you all will enjoy these new forums! :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Hey, everybody. :smiley: I’m RoseRalts. I’ve been playing since September 2017. I main Genji. He was a natural fit for me because I came here from Warframe, and I’ve just stuck with him ever since I started.

My least favorite hero has probably gotta be Mei.

My favorite map is Lijang Tower, and my favorite skin is Black Lily Widowmaker (it will be mine).

I use the forums because I like feeling engaged with the community.

3 Likes

Who are you?
I am WalrusFatty, a fat walrus
Open beta
Who do you main?
Genji
Why do you main them?
Because I like his t-bag animation and his cocky voice lines
No one in particular
Lijiang Tower
BaiHu
To lose brain cells

6 Likes

Who are you?
ApexPredator
Since launch
Who do you main?
Widow
Why do you main them?
I love sniping
Tjorb
Eichenwalde
Noire
To pass the time at work

3 Likes

Who are you?
Hello! I’m Paradox.

Only about 3 months.

Who do you main?
I’d like to main Widow but I need about a zillion more hours of practice. My most played is D.Va because nobody ever seems to want to tank in my games.

Why do you main them?
I just find the sniper playstyle very fun. D.Va is a fun tank because I also like aggressive/dive heroes.

Probably Junkrat.

I like King’s Row a lot.

Not sure, there’s lots of good ones.

Why not?

3 Likes

Who are you?
PabstBluePanzer; a 36 year-old HVAC technician
Since release
Who do you main?
Lucio
Why do you main them?
I have more fun with him than any other hero
Junkrat; he keeps randomly killing me
Lijiang Tower
Plague Doctor Reaper
Because I’m obsessed with this game

2 Likes

Nice topic, gives a positive vibe :slight_smile:

And let’s see:

• Hi, I’m Robert, 33 year old from Hungary…helllooooooo woooorld :smiley:
  • I’m playing since launch. But not that much lately.
  • I mained Mercy untill she got reworked. Now I play mostly Zenyatta, Moira, Orisa, Roadhog
  • I like to be a support. I’m not the DPS kind of person.
  • Tracer
  • Kings Row, Numbani, Blizz World.
  • Witch Mercy
  • Mostly as a time filler and see how different the people are from the people in other media like youtube, twitch, or in game. (yes, there is a huge difference)
6 Likes

I’m Sheevah. I’ve played since Open Beta. I primarily play Doomfist and Roadhog, simply because I find them the most enjoyable. I can’t stand playing Mercy. There’s something about her that just doens’t ‘click’ with me. My favorite map is probably Nepal. My favorite skin is the Butcher skin for Roadhog (breaking glass bottles on your face with the can crusher emote is a bonus).

As for why I use the forums… well, that’s because when I was new to WoW back in the day, some really nice folks took the time to help me. After that, I vowed to try and continue the cycle. What more could I, as a gamer, contribute to a community than to do what they had done ? And so I’ve been discussing and attempting to assist fellow gamers to try to help them enjoy something I enjoy doing ever since - playing games. :grinning:

Edit: RIP my 15k + post count

3 Likes

Who are you?
Me

Since Anniversary

Who do you main?
Mei / Zarya / Sym

Why do you main them?
Most fun / My best hero / Second most fun

N/A

Junkertown

All the OWL skins (I almost have them all)

Because this is as much of a social life as I can handle.

3 Likes

Who are you?
Hey! I’m Agent 3 (Possibly going to change my battletag though)

All the was since the open beta! Why else would I have Noire Widowmaker?

Who do you main?
I main Sombra/Mercy

Why do you main them?
I main Mercy because I love supporting my team, knowing that even if they take a ton of damage, I can keep them pacthed up! Sombra, can also support the team, by hacking healthpacks/heroes, and I’m able to fight back against enemies knowing I can win (I’m not saying Mercy can’t win, I’m saying I suck at projectiles)

To Play - Hanzo, to me he’s boring, and I’m kinda bad at him.
To Fight - Genji, and I don’t think I need to explain why.

King’s Row all the way, baby!

That is really hard to say… I guess I’d have to say Peppermint Sombra.

Well, I don’t know really. I can interact with people who know what I’m talking about, so that a start. I’m also really passionate about Overwatch, and I guess I like to see what others think about it.

2 Likes

Who are you?
Xolarix, 26 years old. Graphic designer and cook. Odd combo but, yeah, it works.

I joined when the Year of The Rooster event was active so… exactly 1 year now.

Who do you main?
Tank main. Preferably Dva, but I’m decent at all tanks.
I also play heroes like Pharah, McCree, Ana, and Zenyatta.
So, call me a flex. But if at all possible you’ll see me as a tank.

Why do you main them?
I like playing a tank because I like playing on the objective.

Oh, none, actually. I merely have an issue with throwers and toxic people, which is not limited to a specific hero. The most annoying hero to deal with in game mechanics is definitely Genji.

Eichenwalde. Watchpoint:Gibraltar comes second :slight_smile:

Mercy witch, d.va Black Cat, Ana snow owl.

Just reading, laugh at dumb fallacious arguments.

3 Likes

Who are you? : Well, i’m Bathory, 23 years old, the name comes from the Swedish first-wave black metal band. Yes, i’m a heavy fan of music, especially Metal.
How long have you played for? : I play the game since its open beta, so I acquired quite a lot of knowledge since then I guess, even if i’m not a pro player.
Who do you main? : I don’t think I have a particular main, but I played quite a lot Reinhardt and Soldier 76, even though I played most heroes a bunch of time except few ones.
Why do you main them? : Mainly because they are the one that I enjoy the most playing
Who’s your least favorite hero? : I dont really hate any heroes in particular, the only problem is with heroes that I can’t manage to be decent with -:wink:
What’s your favorite map? : King’s row I think, I also like Blizzard World for its reference to the other games.
What’s your favorite skin? I don’t think I have any favorite ones, I always change them over the time lol.
Why do you use the forums? Seeing the news, looking at what people are about to on the game, stuff like that.

5 Likes

Who are you?
Yandere

With the first Lucioball event

Who do you main?
Lucio/Mercy/trying to get better with Moira.

Why do you main them?
I like being supportive.

Probably Widow and McCree, I miss with them too often to be effective.

Eichenwalde

Combat Medic Dr Ziegler

To communicate with other players and get a blue post to my questions if I am lucky.

2 Likes

-I’m a glossy red, or occasionally yellow, pulpy edible fruit that is typically eaten as a vegetable or in salad.
-I have played since the last uprising event(barely got those skins!)
-I main Orisa, Doomfist(still getting better at him!), D.Va, Roadhog, Bastion, Lucio, and I’m starting to figure out Moira. Yes, I know I have a lot of dps playtime. That’s my brother getting on my account when I’m not home :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
-I played Orisa because she was underplayed, and I figured I would give her a shot. I didn’t realize that I would be so good at her :slight_smile:
-My least favorite hero would have to be Tracer, only because she is a pain to deal with as Orisa(see why I play Road too? To hook that British time-traveler and blast her across the Atlantic!)
-King’s Row is my favorite map. Don’t know why, I just love the design. It’s pretty balanced too.
-My favorite skin is… Cybergoth Zarya. Jk it’s Twilight Orisa.
-I have no idea why I use the forums. I guess I will find out soon, as this is only my second post.

3 Likes

Who are you?
I’m Patrik! 33 summers old :slight_smile:
I started playing the open beta, and have been playing since
Who do you main?
Ana
Why do you main them?
I like her kit
Genji :frowning:
I kinda like em all, except “Volskaya Industries” or “Vodka Industries” as we say :stuck_out_tongue:
Tracer graffiti skin
to check what’s up with the game and so on

3 Likes

Why not

Who are you?
I’m Feculator :slight_smile: I was born in the early nineties and I’m studying architecture in Europe
Since open beta
Who do you main?
I’ve had different periods, my favorites atm are Mercy, Moira, Zenyatta, and Sombra
Why do you main them?
I heal because matches without healers suck, and it’s pleasing to fill up all those healthbars. I play Sombra because the Translocator is too much fun to use.
Hanzo and Widowmaker. 24 close- to midrange characters, and then these two one-shotting stuff from long range. This kind of one-sided interaction should be kept in PvE games.
King’s Row
Junker D.va. I love the dieselpunk style
To discuss things about one of my favorite games

2 Likes