★New offical patch notes (Hanzo and Mccree buffs, Ball nerf)

Bastion is getting a big redesign so they’re not going to touch him before that goes in (be it OW1 or OW2). Also Bastion is exceptionally strong in low ranks, but not Cassidy.

1 Like

Im sorry but Cass is also strong with Flash and FtH, plus lets be honest… OW2 is long ways away, neglecting heroes because they will be eventually “good” in a game that mey not even release this year is not good.

4 Likes

um… sigma and zarya exist? lol?

“Cass is broken because Flash + FTH is too easy” is a gut feeling that’s simply not backed up by the data. That maneuver gets him killed half the time if the enemy team is any good.

1 Like

I agree.
But I also think Ball should’ve been nerfed.
I just think he should’ve been given compensation elsewhere or, more preferable, nerfed something else.

This nerf does absolutely nothing to Ball anywhere else.
He does not hold grapple for 6 seconds anywhere else.

2 Likes

This is the one time I agree Doom will be useless against McCree.

1 Like

Ah Blizz.

I love that your balance philosophy appears to be “People still pick tanks, gotta nerf 'em some more! MORE TANK NERFS! MORE! MOOOOOOOORE!” insert Kylo Ren meme here

While DPS lose every weakness and get damage buffs on top.

This patch just reinforces the DPS is favorite child narrative SO HARD. And the continuing attempts to force Rein when Rein sucks on 2/3 of the maps because Rein is the only Blizz approved tank allowed in the game.

If you guys want tank mains gone so bad, just ban us already. You already lost any chance I was going to purchase DPSWatch 2, now you’re making me regret continuing to play the game at all.

3 Likes

What are they smoking to buff Cassidy before Genji, Doom, Sym, etc

1 Like

but some random “Pro” no one really cares about probably said it was good as they slipped him/her a check and so here it is.

I mean, the whole FB FtH combo by itself works as a deterent and realistically it only would get him killed if 1) he plays out of position 2) throws it at a deflecting genji 3) his cooldown is being traked and taken advantage of. His kit is strong enough already mid air roll is unnecessary and compeltely remove his, low, weaknesses to ball, doom and boops in general.

Exactly, he was just nerfed for the sake of it, especially since the 5 sec cooldown on spanw already served a similar purpose, this nerf would have been “ok” had the 5 sec CD been reverted at the very least.

2 Likes

No balance patches for 5 months and THAT is what the dev team pushes live?!

Torb, Hanzo, and Cassidy buffs and NO OTHER DPS ADJUSTMENTS?! Are you trying to piss off the volcano?!

Is there seriously NO supervision for this project? What the hell kind of strategy is this for your product? This isn’t even a “damned if you do, damned if you don’t” scenario either - this is like Dumb & Dumber levels of stupidity. Truly incredible, Blizzard.

5 Likes

You know most people that play this game are in metal ranks or casual QP players and ball often spins on point for much longer than 6s and ruins many games. Some balls in low ranks (where most players are if I understand correctly) can spend most of the game spinning around or near the payload, pausing it often and long enough to win the game without the rest of the team doing very much.

This is a very welcome change for lower ranks IMO. It is stopping a zero-skill high-value behaviour which is a good thing.

2 Likes

I play in low plat high gold, i see this happen and i cant remember the amount of times i´ve pinned spinning Hammonds. Is it a problem? yes, is the nerf with no compensation justified? No.

Im 4.1k ball 1 trick and i totally agree that this was really good change to ball. If you are above gold this chainge is not going to do a single thing to you and in 90% of the games you wont even notice this nerf. But i can totally see this spin to win tactic being problematic in bronze and maybe even in silver.

Why does he need compensation? Outside of spin-to-win a 6s+ grapple is not very useful to most ball players. Sure some rollouts have them hang around in some high spot waiting, but that is very rare compared to the behaviour it is stopping.

Ball is in a pretty good spot and this is not going to have much of an effect on that other than getting rid of the cheesy behaviour.

Becuase this nerf comes with the previous 5 sec nerf. Both of these severy reduce his stalling potential. Plus Cass, one of his counters also comes with a buff this patch, one that completely removes his weakness against slam.

Plus there are situation where you do want to stick to a place for a long period that are not related to stalling.

1 Like

Stalling should be reliant upon skillful play.

1 Like

Yes FTH is a dive deterrent, that’s working as intended. It’s only a free kill without risk if the enemy is carelessly entering Cass’s short flash range, it’s quite easy to play around. Even with this change he still has poor mobility despite his fairly short range - particularly when he does an aggressive flash + FTH which may as well be a melee attack and leaves him wide open to a counterattack by the enemy’s teammates.

I was hopeful for ow2 but looking at this patch …

pack it up boys. no more hope lmao

1 Like