Reminder Patent US20160005270A1

Patent number US20160005270A1 is the reason why the game is designed the way it is. Also in use for CoD games now as well. The game is not free and even uses veteran players to push sales effecting matchmaking even more.

42 Likes

Its kinda like politics irl
It can get u mad, u can debate
But we cant control blizzard
So i just focus on my gameplay i enjoy

6 Likes

Unless it’s a custom game. Your gameplay is not in your control.

8 Likes

?
How so? I got 9 other people and i get to pick a hero from the roster that fits
Win or lose
The gamePLAY was in my control
Not everyone else but my own gameplay

2 Likes

You cannot control matchmaking. They can even adjust player stats to push a win or loss to use the idea in the patent. If you use matchmaking everything is geared to make you want to purchase something or make others purchase something based on what you and system did.

14 Likes

I never said you could
But
You can control what hero you pick and what you decide to do
Thats all im saying

1 Like

Unless matchmaking picks to group you with someone who also plays it all the time. Then reduces your ability to play that hero. Or even uses a bot to insure it is picked before you have a chance to choose.

1 Like

Reminder that having a patent does not necessarily mean the patent is being used. There are TONS of patents out there and most aren’t even being used.

4 Likes

???
If your hero is taken you should have another you know how to play. Iterator care to see some of my rein shenanigans?

If they are not using it why did they already extend it to 2035? Also is it not the duty of a public traded company to use any and all methods to increase profits? So why would they not use it?

8 Likes

I have noticed there are alot games where I get matched with at least 3 newbies (endorsement level 1) in MH. This does make me wonder. (As I actually have loads and loads of skins; only characters that aren’t dressed for the season or in my fav skins are Sojourn and JK)

7 Likes

Yikes. That’s intent-to-use if i’ve ever seen it.

So true. Are they legally allowed to scam us like this?

After reading that over i had to puke. Just look at the entire product stack. it’s one big gimmick of a store. predatory monetization everywhere. there is no way they’re not also making use of this rigging tech.

2 Likes

I guess good on your for trying to aware people of this? I don’t care either way. Corporations gonna corporation.

True, I mean it was already the 8th best selling game of all time. But guess that was not enough and Bobby needed more gold for his boat.

4 Likes

for those who don’t know or are too lazy to look it up

A system and method is provided that drives microtransactions in multiplayer video games. The system may include a microtransaction arrange matches to influence game-related purchases. For instance, the system may match a more expert/marquee player with a junior player to encourage the junior player to make game-related purchases of items possessed/used by the marquee player. A junior player may wish to emulate the marquee player by obtaining weapons or other items used by the marquee player.

13 Likes

I tried linking it and wouldn’t let me.

Isn’t there another patent that modifies your matchmaking based on your microtransactions purchased?

edit:

https://patents.google.com/patent/US9789406B2/en

They use your items purchased and use YOU as a living advertisement for newer players. Slightly modifying who you are matched with.

7 Likes

Ah, again that bs about patents. Yeah, that’s not your skill issue, it’s a hidden pool, sure

3 Likes

I remember when trolls tried…

8 Likes

Maybe so they could keep using it in CoD (assuming they’re even using it there)?

Same, it was probably the first one of the eight thousand threads about these patents.

1 Like