PC shutting down or restarting

Tried 3 times to get on queue and suddenly my pc is shutting down, what is happening?

23 Likes

Same with me. PC restarting :confused:

2 Likes

This must be some bug, i play diablo 2, starcraft 2 with LOTS of units and my pc never shutted, even dark souls 3

1 Like

It’s your CPU temp. Same problem with me. I looked at msi afterburner when I’m in the queue and my cpu (Ryzen 2700x) skyrockets to 100+ degrees celcius and my pc shuts off to protect the cpu. It looks like it’s some major bug in OW2 currently that’s making our CPUs get very hot in a matter of seconds.

7 Likes

Hello all,

If you’re experiencing issues with your PC shutting down when running Overwatch 2 please post your DXDIAG.

DXDIAG

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. In the Run window type dxdiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DirectX window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and save it to your Desktop. Open the new dxdiag file with Notepad.
  5. In the posting section hit the </> button for “Preformatted text” then paste (Ctrl+V) the DXDIAG contents. That’ll make the information much more readable.

If you are unable to post this due to the length of the DXDIAG, please feel free to use pastebin.com and share the direct link with us instead. Use the </> button as well in order to share the link.

14 Likes

i see, lets see what blizzard will talk about it, we need a hotfix!

3 Likes

11600k + 6900XT,
The game will either freeze my pc or instantly reboot it from bios. Fix this

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

I have no blue screen, or any error code. Most of the time will straight goes to bios and boot. Only a few time will be freezing and I have to do a hard restart.
Ive tried to change my screen ratio to 100%, start from administrator, but nothing helps.

3 Likes

This happens when you play in FULL SCREEN, if you play borderless windowed mode the game will simply crash.

Ialready miss OW1 and its 0 problems.

I’m also having a problem with intel graphics.
i5 7400 hd 630 16gb ram

Waiting for fix + a few days without playing (hope it’s not weeks)…

1 Like

please fix this!

Can you guys try renaming the Overwatch folder (located in your Documents) and see if the game launches now? (so it creates a fresh folder)
Apparently fixed my BSOD issue…

Both of my BSODs were listed as a dpc_watchdog_violation

I have called it Overwatch2. Then tried to launch the game. I’m right after a reboot :confused:

I closed nvidia software and antivirus. The game launched.
Apparently it was Total 360 antivirus causing issues.
Now it’s a long queue to get to the server :open_mouth:

I have avast and even after closing avast and nvidia, my cpu temp still goes to 100 degrees and pc shuts off.

3 Likes

Blizz fixed anything?

I finally got to the front of the queue in the Asia region, then my PC restarted. dxdiag linked here

Pastebin

1 Like