New Moira skin rarity

Hey, new Moira skin released and it’s a legendary!… and epic?

It’s literally just her default look with an added hat, seems kinda weird that it’s classed as legendary and released alongside the Tracer skin which is classed as epic and is her default model with a new hat as well…

8 Likes

Looking at the skin, it looks like they are trying to come up with a new rarity category: awful. :smile:

5 Likes

And right next to that isss:

Mediocre! With a terrible price tag

Also now that I look at it, they literally just added black and white stripes on her right arm instead of, idk, adding another sleeve for her?

1 Like

Yeah it’s pretty embarrassing. Legendary category should mean something. Oh well, eventually they may come out with something unique and interesting like they did with the blackwatch skin.

Blizzard tried following Apex and Valorant. They saw how much those games charge and went, “…Why can’t we?” The only thing they forgot to factor in, is that the skins actually have to look good and have appeal for people to want to buy them.

You can tell how thinned down their art/design department is, especially with the weird inter-mingling of a Forest Ranger Cassidy in a Cyberpunk battlepass.

6 Likes

I really hope this is not a foreshadowing of the next BP. They can produce good skins like EDM Dva or the Cyber Kiriko, but then we also have skins like Moira.

just google “mime costume” now if they did anything along those lines then it would be considered legendary. Hard to understand how they decided to categorize it that way. Maybe because it comes with a matching emote and weapon charm, but still, the skin itself is just consistent with epic skins.

2 Likes

like what’s hysterical is that its so bad that even the fact that its a decrease between the Kiriko bundle and now more people are pointing out that its still horribly expensive lmfao.

“F2P will allow us to add more content”

Just a reminder :wink:

5 Likes

I’m convinced they fired all their old artists. It took them a year to design Genji’s mythic skin, and this isn’t the first time OW2 has tried to pass off a low-effort trash epic as a legendary.

What makes it even more egregious is that in the last couple years of OW1, they actually started to step up the quality on their epic skins so they weren’t so lame.

1 Like

lol! It’s a tough call. Support with a purchase so they are encouraged to make more, or not support so they put more effort into what they label legendary

It was just pointed out to me that the new Junkrat skin is classified as an Epic, despite the fact that it has significant character model changes. I legitimately think they might have screwed up somehow and swapped the classification of the Moira skin and the Junkrat skin. I dunno how nobody catches that, but it’s the only explanation that makes sense.

1 Like

Yeah, seems that Constable Tracer is an epic skin and has the same level of detail.

It does, and Constable Tracer is consistent with what we’ve seen in the Epic category in the past. It’s always at most 1-2 minor model changes, with a color pattern that’s different from the base skin, and maybe some different textures or particle effects. The classification has been so consistent historically, I think it has to be a mistake.

I just want to point out that they didn’t actually advertise the battlepass as being cyberpunk-themed, they said that many of the cosmetics for the season, including the new featured stuff in the shop, would follow a cyberpunk theme. One could argue that it would have been better or more interesting to have a consistent theme to the battlepass skins specifically, but that isn’t what they actually told us in the season 1 explainer blog post.

Fixed

heh yeah maybe. Tho if a character has a lot of purchase trends maybe they’ll be motivated to make some better items. Hard to say. If nobody buys anything they’ll put that character down low on the list

No, it doesn’t work like that. For example, Symmetra is not a top pick by far, but yet they released a skin for her last week (another one that looked like an epic but somehow ended up in the legendary slot)

1 Like

I think the reason why they add symmetra even tho she isn’t a popular hero is because she has had the least skin in the game for a classic OG character.