New Brigitte Legendary Skin "Medic"

Not donate, but gift a subscription. You can do this for any streamer of your choice from the eligible list, or do a random gift to anyone watching that channel when they are live. Gifting subs do help support content creators on Twitch as they continue to play and promote Overwatch.

As of 30 minutes ago.

2 Likes

Oh for sure they’ll make cash. But for someone that loves collecting skins, I draw the line at this.

5 Likes

I mean, i fully understand that, its just a shame in the sense that it is the vicious cycle of “They are big streamers because they support Blizzard and Blizzard supports them because they are big streamers” So anyone outside that cycle is kinda of F-ed.

4 Likes

i mean i dont judge people that do. its their money but for me thats a no. i usually only watch a streamer for like 10 or 15 minutes then i get bored. not paying for that

but like i said people can do what they want

No, it’s from a list of streamers. All of them on the larger end of streamers. I don’t enjoy anyone on that list, really. I would feel much better supporting a small channel, but because my go-to small OW streamer isn’t on the list, that option is out the window.

1 Like

You are far over estimating what all but the most successful of streamers actually earn

If you don’t wish to donate to one of the bigger names, we’ve listed many smaller long time Overwatch streamers who would be overjoyed to have your support

17 Likes

Apologies from the eligible list yes. I have tweaked my response but a lot of these streamers are among the community’s most dedicated players.

1 Like

The list of streamers is simply pathetic.

1 Like

From Starcraft you mean.

1 Like

Wish it was for small streamers that are streaming for hours with 10 to 17 viewers (that is supporting) but the list is people that are going to comeback to ow just to play for this event and go play something else when the event ends !
Wish it was a bigger list and not only english & some french speaker streamers !

It should be available to ANY Overwatch streamer. That’s the problem. And yes, I know that while it’s $15 out of pocket for us, the streamer themselves only gets $7.50. It doesn’t sit well with me that a long time streamer I watch (Lilimaru, specifically) is suddenly left out of this. Someone I’d actually feel comfortable supporting.

12 Likes

Brig always had one of the coolest skins. Too bad I don’t enjoy playing her as much as other supports. But when I’m in the mood to play brig though, these nice looking skins certainly helps!

If the legendary skin has unique effects like Lego Bastion then I might spend the money. But if it’s like any other legendary skin then I think I will pass.

2 Likes

Wait wait wait, this is an actual skin?!? I thought it was a concept lol

should I get it? I never play brig aaa

Nope. And I wouldn’t be surprised if Match Chat trolls anyone who wears this in-game.

No content for years. But Watch 4 hours for Beta. Sign up AGAIN for Beta 2–or pretty much paywall it with a crappy Watchpoint Pack. Donate THREE (not even just one) subs to a streamer–

–also, as an ASIDE, LMMMMMMAOOOOO at XQC and Asmongold, etc. being in this list. They’re not Overwatch people anymore (if they ever were!) FLATS, Emongg, Jay, Somnus, and all those guys that stuck it out for years? Sure. I get that supporting OVERWATCH STREAMERS makes sense, but these guys getting paid and getting Triple Gifted to play for, what, one day?–

–who will suffer from The Interest Algorithm when low, single digit Gifted’s resub but most people forget about them. Another ‘shot in the arm’ for OW streamers because it suits Blizzard’s marketing sloths.

Thank god the skin isn’t that great–and pales massively in comparison to (e.g.) Mythic Genji (and thus there’ll probably be much better Brig skins to buy in due course.) Hopefully the vast majority of people aren’t stupid enough to get baited by this crap.

I’m all for supporting OW streamers, but forcing players to donate THREE subs just to get some of the first content for OW2 (RIGHT AFTER plugging Watchpoint Pack) is a bad precedent. Already OW gamers are forking over $30+ for three? skins and the game isn’t even out–and they don’t know how frequent skins will be in the Battlepass.

Maybe I’m more cynical than most–but this feels dirty. It doesn’t respect the REAL OW streamer community (because it isn’t limited to them) and it asks too much from normal OW fans–and, OF COURSE, if you question it or call Blizzard out, "you’re a baddie for not agreeing with how they’re ‘supporting’ a streamer/OW streaming overall.

Ugh. :thinking: :expressionless:

23 Likes

Why does this feel like desperation to keep OW streamers alive?

4 Likes

:point_up: Might just have to bookmark this.

Remember when all you needed to unlock stuff in a game was, you know, the actual game?

11 Likes

It’s a travestry that LhCloudy27 is not on the list :frowning:

I stream all owl and conternders games -
i play this game a lot (it is my number 1 game of all time)
and I bought the watchpoint pack -
I bought this game 3 times , once on the xbox then on my pc and lastley on the switch

Now you want me to support these twitch streamers - Ill pass on the skin eventhough I love brig.

I think I support overwatch as brand and a game more than enough

1 Like

For this first event, we intentionally kept it to a limited list. This first SaS is for us to gather data and learn. Should it be successful, we’ll build on that and most likely expand availability.

10 Likes