Game freezing with Intel i3 / Dual core CPUs

guys do not forget 2 hyphens in the command

Update on that, I kept the game going for 20 minutes and still no crash after adding in “–tank_WorkerThreadCount 2” alongside “-thread 2 -d3d11” with medium settings (which have ate most of my FPS but hey, it works).

I’ll now go ahead and see if I can run the game fullscreen, lowest settings without having it crash. If it does then this seems to be my ticket out of this frozen agony.

for me its worked fullscreen low set 60 fps cap

with 4 or 2? with 4 my game barely drops fps, but i think if i uncap it the freezes will return

You mean the Dxdiag of the crashes or the Dxdiag of our specifications? Got me lost a bit there.

Missed you all. No news to report.

14 Likes

So, an update to this

After 5 hours of testing here is what I found:

• There’s definitely some relation with crashing and my speaker.
    I’m saying this because no matter if I switch my speakers cable to the motherboard audio ports or to USB it still freezes within the first 1-2 games.

However with my headset it is still playable for a long time, in fact I didn’t crash while I was using my headset.
Weird if u ask me

where making a bit of processs here on laptop users today.

also couse of this thread we keep getting more modern high people comming to ask about command lines.

also check out lingo response below you they are investingation cashes due to sound headsets.
Nicole is there a way to compose a msg to two laptop users at same time? i want to copy xenriot and Mey in my response. just played

hollwood
dorado
colossium
paradiso
then crashed on queenstreen central

thats a 1hour continuious on a 2c 4t laptop

can you tel me guys what is the best command to ues

Not really without breaking some forum rules, unless they responded here?

If so, quote something from both and reply.

1 Like

is there an update nicole

donthey know about this situation? because they literally ignore the thread…

if you quote them will it give them a notification?

i use thread 3 instead of two it works for 5-6 hours before

Yes, it will give them a notification.

Yep. But it’s Sunday.

3 Likes

My game only crashes in competitive now… great lol

1 Like

I made a video on how I got it set up for an i3 7100. So far the game hasn’t frozen up again. I have even been able to play rankeds without any problem.

6 Likes

been told if i quote you in a post you both get a notification

yes i dxdiag the crash without shutting down anything my process for this (ps i am fullscreening not windowing ow2.

1. I hit the windows key
    2))task bar/task view/
  2. create a new desktop as ow2 wont allow you to see any apps you open select the new desktop.
  3. in the new desktop run dxdiag wait for it to collect the signatures (green bar lower leftish)
  4. save the file
  5. open task manager and end the not responding ow2 application

just played

Hollywood
dorado
colossium
paradiso
then crashed on queenstreen central

thats a 1hour continuious on a 2c 4t 8gb laptop ,

I did something just befoer this i went to razer synapse as i noticed on error codes I was getting chromasdk I switched off lighting on the razer software so now my 2 peripherals have no lighting I then restarted the pc.

to do a clean boot with new settings I haven’t loaded or have opened any web browsers since launched went straight to game, I didn’t alt tab at anytime over the hour.

the new report still shows razer services in errors. I have just disabled the chroma sdk from services along I am going to retest till i crash due to the fact i don’t want to load any browsers I may be gone some time also its i need to eat and take a break so I think about 2 hours before I pop back up.
see how i go this time. here is the the dxdiag with shut down on app lighting but services still running in windows errors

https://pastebin.com/3tzJeqYK

i think i had vsync and the other 2 below off. i get tearing cause of this but i don’t care aiming for stability.

Oh and lingo playing wired (jack not USB) headset no mic (non Bluetooth) and i haven’t even been running Dolby access for Dolby headphones to save resources if i get stability IF

i dig out my arctus 7 bluetooth with mics and and run the steel series software. on laptop that will draw both power and resources but first things first.

Alright you guys, I think mine is finally fixed. I just used these commands

–tank_WorkerThreadCount 4 -thread 4 -d3d11

YES. with two hyphen! I was losing hope because I used the same commands but with just a single hyphen but adding the second hyphen worked like a freaking charm. I played for almost 5 hours straight today, no fps drops, no freeze and crash. Finally! I was so hyped.

Also I have my Dynamic Render off and set the FPS to 59 max. I have 144hz monitor but I have the sacrifice that for now until the real fix drops. I hope you guys can make it work too asap. GL!

Edit: I use 2 cores 4 threads cpu btw. I can also play on high graphics but for now, I have set everything to low.

4 Likes

it worked for me for a little bit longer but it froze again :confused: