Game freezing with Intel i3 / Dual core CPUs

wow, it works for me too, I was able to play without freezing screen

1 Like

They mentioned something that looks like our issue actually

1 Like

Update downloaded, probably an improvement. Three long games with AI worked ok. I got one freeze/crash in practice range on the first attempt today, in 15 minutes or so. But after that I haven’t got any other crash.

Just did it and was playing at high at a cap of 120fps and still crashed with the command

for me this helped a lot. I could play 7 with no crashing

1 Like

Take a look at this one

4 Likes

Hi guys, what did I miss? Was there an update in the game?

1 Like

I mention this has helped me play without freezing, fps is constantly 58-59 and only sometimes I’d get a smooth drop. I have a gtx1050ti and i3, so you guys should be good too!

1 Like

Do I use both commands or one or the other, seen conflicting statements

I have used both commands like in that message

-thread 2 didn’t do anything for me, I’m just using the first one.
Actually I do think that -thread isn’t even a valid command.

go to overwatch launcher, tap the settings next to Play button, pick game settings and the additional arguments. Put this in there and then press enter and play.

–tank_WorkerThreadCount 2 (with 2 lines no space - -)

it worked for me

doesn’t work for me, but i have amd so maybe that’s why.

Im so sorry to hear that…

it worked me thanks so much who ever did tht
Now i can run my game smoothly and play my favourite character
Even though this is not the official fix but I hope tht blizzard take a look and fix this issue globally

1 Like

You still have a chance.Because this is not the official fix blizzard might take a look at this issue and fix this issue for all system and i think they are working on it currently
Because of the server crash issue i think blizzard wasnt able to take a look at issue
Hope is still in for the official fix.

1 Like

After the latest update I was able to play atleast 10 games smoothly without it crashing once.

2 Likes

It dint work for me after the update but when i paste the command it worked :slight_smile:

1 Like

It makes me extremely happy hearing all of the news!:heart:

3 Likes

Yeah not smooth like i have in ow1 but now is not crashing. Thanks.

1 Like