Director's Take - Mapping Out the Future

Another post! Keep them coming! Been great reads so far

51 Likes

MAP POOLS ARE GONE!!!

Thank you!!! Ok, gotta give props for actually listening on this one

Yeah, it does suck we have to wait until season 4 though :pensive: but still a great change!!

42 Likes

Use me as a dislik-

Wait an actual good change?

25 Likes

I wonder if it’s possible to give the servers a list of maps, that contains duplicate entries.

Like some sort of equivalent to a SERVER_MAP_LIST.INI file.

Which would basically allow you to both influence the frequency of game modes, but also you could influence the frequency of individual maps.

Considering it would just be changing text parameters in some sort of an array, it seems like it might be the kind of thing that could be done with a hotfix. Or maybe entirely serverside.

1 Like

Sometimes I wonder why things like this have to take a full season to go away… Like for big reworks and stuff, sure. But i mean… it’s map pools. Surely it can’t be that difficult to enable all maps for S3 already.
But great change nontheless

18 Likes

They’ve backtracked on so many things now. Phone number requirements are gone, credits are coming back, shop prices are being dropped, hero unlocks were lowered by 10 battle pass tiers, matchmaking is being changed, map pools are going away, rank reset are gone.

All that’s left to do is go back to 6v6 and get rid of push mode.

It’s almost like Overwatch 1 was the better game all along just like most of us have said.

74 Likes

Thank god map pools are going. The most annoying s**t

13 Likes

Yeah it is weird it takes a whole season…but I’m glad they’re going eventually

8 Likes

Sweet, another good change to the game, another thing that shouldn’t have been changed in the first place.

1 Like

Map Pools… You were right. We were wrong.

Thank you for removing map pools.

21 Likes

Personally, while I agree that we are getting some good changes recently / getting them announced, I will not praise Blizz for it too much, considering that they were pretty bad features/options/etc. in the first place.
It’s cool to have map pools gone soon! But why does it take 3 seasons to get this done.
It’s great that we have a way to earn legacy credits again soon! But this still leaves a lot to be desired and comes, again, a bit too late.

24 Likes

As you shouldn’t. The only reason these changes are happening is because the game isn’t performing as well as they had projected.

28 Likes

Finally.
Too bad we have to wait, but i appreciate the fact that they are trying to comunicate, for real.

3 Likes

Yes. You literally described feedback. Well done.

13 Likes

Yep. Just like they tracked back on the cosmetic bundle items not being purchasable individually at the start of the Halloween event.

1 Like

OH MY GOD.
He did a cute little smiley face at the end.

Overwatch team has always been the best. :clap::smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

I’m sure Kotick also had a little smile on his face when OW2 implemented their horrid monetization system. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Yeah, can’t control the higher powers.

Overwatch team though, has always fought for a better game. So seeing this happen, and that these changes are getting green-lit make me happy.

2 Likes

nice, good job aaron and the ow team keep it up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

W , i loved this. Thanks for keeping us in the loop