Different Versions?

Trying to play, waited in queue, me and friend both have the same version ### on launcher, and in-game. We’re unable to invite eachother, or almost anyone else, in my case I have one friend I can invite, everyone else is in a match with an error that says different version.

2 Likes

My husband is having the same issue! At first he FINALLY got in, and his friends list was empty. Waited forever to requeue, we couldn’t join into a party. He reinstalled the game, and eventually when he got in we had 2 other friends on that I was able to be in a group with, but STILL none of us can invite him. Whispering each other then right clicking the name doesn’t skip the issue.

This is the first post I’ve come across with someone having the same issue. Hopefully there is an easy fix :frowning:

i have this issue. one friend i can invite. other friend i cannot invite and it says theyre playing a different version of overwatch

Yeah, I couldn’t find anything about it when scouring - so decided to post as well, it would be nice if we could tell whos side the issue is on as well, hopefully we can hear back soon, this is extremely frustrating.

I’m sorry you’re experiencing similar issues - but the weird part is I had friends in matches on a different version than me as well.

Yeah, me and a couple of friends are having the exact same issue, i can invite one, but not the other, says they’re playing a different version and vice-a-versa.

So update on my end, when I logged in I had the “free” version, with all my characters locked, etc. Upon relaunching and re-queuing, I was able to join my friends lobby, my characters aren’t locked, but I have an error with the shop and my friends list is barren.

So I’m not sure what to make of it, re-launching might work for you? If you don’t mind the queue. I haven’t tried queueing up yet, but we’ll see.

also got this issue, I cant invite my friend because of the different version error

After reinstalling, scanning files, and rebooting his computer… SOMETHING made it finally work! He logged in after a 45 min queue, and no heroes were locked, his friends list was full, AND we could invite him! Idk what the heck “fixed” it.

/invite works…the UI does not. Fails blizzard. lol