Cross Platform Progression?

So I played for a while on PS4 before starting on PC and I have a ton of skins that I would love to use on my PC! I saw some mention of cross platform progression and I am wondering if skins earned in OW1 will have this feature as well?

Yes everything will work

They said a long time ago that OW1 stuff all carries forward into OW2.

According to the recent press release from ActivisionBlizzard’s publishing website, Cross-Progression is FINALLY coming to Overwatch 2.

Obviously the exact details of how this will work is likely to be revealed in the months ahead.

I’m nervous about this to be honest. I played on ps4 for 4 years and finally switched to PC. I have most of the same skins on both, with more than exclusive skins on ps4 including pink mercy.

Will I have to choose one of my platforms?
That is my worry.

3 Likes

Same fear, really. All my paid stuff is on xbox, but plenty of OWL and event skins I’ve only gotten on my PC account since switching. Hoping for a merge of both accounts’ items. Some skins will overlap and I’ll have paid twice for the same OWL skins, but gladly take that loss so long as all my skins transfer.

I am not going to speak to the account of what Blizzard has planned because I honestly don’t know but I will compare to what other games have done. Notably, Destiny 2 allows cross progression, so that you can access your items on each platform but you must maintain your account on each platform in order to continue to access the items on any platform.

If you unlink a console account from your Bungie account any items collected on that console platform will likely disappear from access on any other platform related to that Bungie account.

Something like this be nice. Hopefully some kind of compensation for duplicate paid skins.