Zeratul's Sentenced to Death talent can apply twice, applying 25% bonus damage multiplicatively

If Zeratul
(1) takes Sentenced to Death at 16 and Twilight Falls at 20, and
(2) casts W twice,
(3) with the second W cast before the first W explodes,

any damage between the first W explosion and the second W explosion will receive an extra 25% damage multiplicatively. My working theory is that this is due to Sentenced to Death applying twice.

For proof, see this Twitch clip:
clips.twitch .tv/SuaveOnerousPotPMSTwin-RJH5La6kO5FxfG-K

The last 2 instances of damage done by Zeratul to Lili are between the first W explosion and the second W explosion. They are (1) an autoattack damage and (2) the second W explosion damage.

The autoattack should result in 553 damage
Base AA damage at level 22 is 298.6
Zeratul has 25% bonus from Sentenced to Death, 30% bonus from Psionic Strength, and 30% bonus from Might of the Nerazim.
298.6 * (1 + 25% + 30% + 30%) = 553

But it actually results in 691 damage, as Sentenced to Death applies twice multiplicatively.
298.6 * (1 + 25% + 30% + 30%) * (1 + 25%) = 691

The second W explosion should result in 882 damage.
Base W damage at level 22 is 568.8.
Zeratul has 25% bonus from Sentenced to Death, and 30% bonus from Psionic Strength.
568.8 * (1 + 25% + 30%) = 882

But it actually results in 1103 damage, as Sentenced to Death applies twice multiplicatively.
568.8 * (1 + 25% + 30%) * (1 + 25%) = 1103

i think what u meant to say is:
“…anything between second w applied and first w explosion…”
and that s working as intended i guess, because that s what happended there, i guess
he applied the first w at 45s and the questionaable aa u r talking about was at 47s while w lasts 1,5s with the build u described with lag and the not so exact timestamps it s hard to say if the aa was in the timewindow of the first w or not

the time window is short and can be avoided by cc

it’s a lvl 20 talent. ofc it’s gonna be OP

Lili had -25 armor due to polymorph, sentenced to death is not applied twice.

1 Like

Thank you Restas. I missed the polymorph.

Never mind then. There is no bug!