Zeratul level 20 vorpal blades talent is too all-in

It can’t really compete with twilight falls.

I don’t think zeratul’s problem at level 20 is being able to stick to his target. I think his problem is disengaging. Zeratul’s only disengage if he blinks in, is wormhole.

For a level 20 talent to compete with twilight falls, I’d prefer e.g. 2 charges of blink on a lower cooldown

Twilight Falls already resets the cooldown of Blink.

1 Like

Oh yea it does. Dno I just wish the vorpal blades talent gave zeratul some disengage as well

Zeratul is all in anyway especially now that wormhole does not exist as a talent.

To be frank even if you baked the two new level 20 together they would be terribad compared to twilight falls and shadow mending as zeratul needs to either kill fast or stay in fight with his toilet paper life bar.
And those talents give neither.

3 Likes

Yea zeratul, everytime he goes in, just from random damage alone, he loses most of his hp bar so quickly from all the random spells being thrown about. Not even when he’s being focused

Zeratul has a ton of escapes. He can use E alone up to 3 times if he procs the reset with R.

If you have trouble escaping don’t blow all your escapes trying to stay locked on. Vorpal Blade and Seeker in the Dark should be your 2 main methods to engage and stay locked on the enemy. You should try to use your E’s to escape or to blink out and use Vorpal blade to blink back in once you blinked out.

1 Like

I prefer wormhole though. I know seeker is the meta pick but I also know other GM zeratuls who prefer wormhole

You can’t use E 3 times with wormhole. Unless you don’t plan on casting any other spell after you blink in.

So wormhole zeratul even at level 20 basically gets to disengage only once (you either do it with wormhole or your second blink after the rewind), which is exactly the same number of disengages he has at level 7.

Kinda lacking at level 20 tho considering how lethal and strong most heroes are at level 20, I’d prefer a talent that gives more disengages/safety. Twilight falls is honestly mostly for the damage

1 Like

HIs 20 lvl has only two choices.

Shadow Mending with Q + Void build
MotN upgrade when one picks it.

Other 2 options, even if merged together and buffed, wouldnt be picked.

1 Like

Just make Seeker in the Dark baseline already and re-balance from there. The talent is too essential for him to make any kind of a play that isn’t simple hit and run.

That would probably make him too powerful at level 1 so we could artificially slow down giving him both Warp Skirmisher and Seeker with a baseline globe collection quest that has a very low requirement.

Wormhole is good too. It leaves Zeratul with the same amount of escapes. However I still think Seeker in the Dark is better because it also grants move speed. It depends on how you like to play Zeratul. What I like about his kit is there’s many ways to play him.

1 Like