You Were Removed from Lobby Due to Inactivity

Draft Phase : Both teams had just finished the first and second bans and it passed over to my team for the first set of picks. Then it just kicked me so yes I had plenty of time as I was going to pick last and I still needed to do the third ban.

Current Patch : I’ve not had this happen until this current patch the Anduin Patch. Before I was able to play 20-30 games in a row without any problems before the current patch.

Internet : I had other things running in the background using internet. It has never been a problem and everything in the background was still running just fine when this happened.

Amount: This has happened 3 times on three different days.

Game Modes : This has happened in both UD and SL

Time : If I ran out of time or did not pick it would have said this message in chat.

" A PLAYER YOU WERE MATCHED WITH HAS LEFT THE GAME "

Instead, it said

" You Were Removed From Lobby Due To Inactivity "

The message is in the chat window at the very bottom.

Well I had a link to show the message in chat but it won’t allow the link. I’ve also posted about this on Heroes of the Storm Reddit. With the same title as here.

1 Like

Do you receive leaver penalty when this happens?

Well it better happen in Unranked Draft.

Where there is a pick order.

Happened to me too, twice, once today, and once yesterday. I was looking right at the lobby lol. 2 people picked, and I was waiting to see what they were going to do because I was gonna fill, I was just about to click diablo and it kicked me. Now i gotta play 4 brawls, kinda annoying. Unranked Draft, now I know why there are so many leavers when I am in the que, they really need to fix this. Just because no one hits something till the last doesnt me you should kick them. This is really annoying in the morning when it takes 10 to 20 mins to get a match, and then the game kicks some one because of this.

The trick is make sure you click a hero it seems, doesnt matter which just make sure you click one.

It happend to me now. It’s a real problem since you prepicked and wait for the start but you are kicked before it started. Why do you have to click for nothing?.?

Yes, you do get the penalty, happened to me yday, as i was playing with a friend. We were in a party when both got kicked for inactivity? during the hero picking. Although, i did get the penalty but my friend didn’t…

Can’t even post links for screenshots, this game has gone down so badly…VERY POOR optimization and craploads of bugs…

same thing happened to me minutes ago, I was the one banning, even joking with my teammates, and when I was looking to pick my bruiser it kicked me out with the “inactivity” message. WTF?!

@nvc

Was that Unranked Draft or Storm League?

There is a strict pick order in UD. Storm League allows out of turn picks at any time.

Also, if the enemy has picked/banned your Bruiser or you do not own it (have only played it on free rotation) you get kicked out for inactivity.