You can invite someone now?

Go to profile. There is a little + that says invite. What does this mean

This might be here forever but just noticed it

1 Like

My profile isnā€™t hidden, try it on me! : p

If you look at summery and activity it says invites.
I dont know how to use it yet

It just says no invites to display

There is some option to invite people into thread discussion (i do not remember just now how to).

I guess this is where you can manage these invites now.

2 Likes

No new avatars. Im sad now

3 Likes

The invite thing has been here very long. Its nothing new. You can invite forum members into threads.

I need the Baby zombie unicorn plushie icon in my life.

Care to remind me how this works? Done this once ages ago and canĀ“t seem to find/remember how to now.

I also canā€™t find it now, but let me try something. The site says Iā€™d bne notified if someone mentions my @name.

So @Sami

Edit: nvm, dunno how.

It creates a URL you can use to give someone access to the forum, even if they arenā€™t a member.

This doesnā€™t really do anything for this forum, as far as I can tell, because everything is public anyway, but you will need a game account to do anything other than read threads.

1 Like

Discourse allows users with a sufficient trust level to invite new users to the site. Invites can be configured to redirect the new user to a specific topic when they first join the site.

Yeah, I donā€™t know if this works for the HotS forum, because you canā€™t just ā€˜inviteā€™ people here, your game account must be active and above a certain level before you can participate on the forum (General Discussion etc).

Only bug reports subforums work for anyone who signs up far as I know.

Even if this feature worked for inviting new users, they wouldnā€™t be able to post until they downloaded HotS and played several matches.

2 Likes

You guys are aware that about 60% of all features are removed?

Thereā€™s unironically private chat, add friends through forums, ā€œspecialā€ sub forum for higher levels and much much more like this new thing.

Of course most of it is disabled.

1 Like