Wow... these patch notes

Y’know, I agree/disagree with some of this extremely large patch… but I’m just going to give a shout out to the devs left on this game: they really are rocking it.

It’s almost like with Blizzard not even really focusing on this title anymore, those left on it are given free reign to do rather than dance around red tape. I think that’s probably more healthy than having 100% prestine balance (which was never an atainable goal anyway).

Here’s to the next week or two being the wild west! Yeehaw. :slight_smile:

27 Likes

I disagree, since Zeratul might as well have not even been touched at all.

2 Likes

It should keep him from stomping at level 20 if you add it to his other nerf from last time. I remember it had something to do with his Q as well. They been trying to lower his Q build damage.

unless I missed the part where they said they are fixing the MMer or are fixing/removing the report system. no they are not “rocking it”

13 Likes

I dig constant and sweeping incremental changes.

I also really like the developer comments for every hero. Agree or disagree at least we can see the thinking that goes into the changes, even if its “this ability is not OP but we’re bringing it in line with similar abilities of other heroes.”

I like that.

Curious about the Garrosh changes. I might even play different builds now.

3 Likes

Yeh these mass balances are cool, and shift the meta around to be more fresh. On top of that, it makes you want to try out the heroes in some cases.

5 Likes

Yes, definitely. I played Blaze and Gul’dan and I’m still not done trying out builds. Rain of Destruction is top core dps in the game btw pOgGiEs

THEY BUFFED MY FAVORITE STUKOV BUILD (Fetid/Targeted Excision)

4 Likes

Bruh you should play Alarak now. His plays become rewarding at talent 4 if you pick Show of force. All you got to do is land W and Q really, then give them a bit of zap. it’s a guaranteed combo and the scales reward the damage along with your abilities, as well as the talent.

4 Likes

Taking a tiny bit of damage off Cleave doesn’t change anything; it’s not what’s wrong with him and never was. Aside from the Void Prison nerf, like, 2.5 years ago, he hasn’t received any proper fixes. At all.

And to show the devs really don’t understand his issue, specifically, they made him worse with the rework.

Anduin’s holy nova explosion healing increased from 100 to 105

ZOMG BEST CHANGE EVER! Can we get a nerf bat here soon plz, Blizzard? This might tip his balance over the edge guys. Rank 1 healer incoming.

1 Like

That might seem more, but it’s literally a 5% damage increase. Most tweaks are around 4-5% changes.
Sylvanas dagger nerf is also only 2 damage, but that’s more than 6%.

They should buff his other talents or make AA build viable.
Nerfing his only working build, which BTW received nerfs not long ago is fail.

The discontinuation of HGC and the slowing down of hero releases was and still is a tragedy, but in response, the whole Heroes team has just gone ahead and said “!@#$ it”, and I’m loving every single massive patch that arrives for the sole purpose of keeping the experience fresh and trying out new things that would be unthinkable with a high level pro scene.

2 Likes

It needed other changes than just damage/healing increase. While the damage/healing did feel lackluster, it’s bad beacause it’s not reliable enough :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: odd, I forgot to edit the quote, so it doesn’t get deleted by the system, but id didn’t get deleted. Maybe they’ve fixed the forum :smiley:

I guess I’ll be an oddball here and say I have very mixed feelings about this patch. Not bad, but one of the worse ones lately (partially because previous ones were pretty good to begin with).
Or maybe its because of the Anub lolnerf.

1 Like

you are not alone.

20 hero’s

I disagee with nerfing Q from zeratul and E from garrosh (both are fair) without compensating elsewhere.

1 Like

People call Garrosh unfun to play against. I find Garrosh unfun to play as. Those cooldowns are disaster. I guess they want to make pianoGarrosh meta, thats one way :smiley:

I don’t understand why they removed the damage tied to armor from body check you get poked so much before getting to position it was the biggest interest it had.

Denying healing is the same as dealing damage, maybe that. Or simple talents merging deserved nerf somewhere else.

I tried bodycheck pianoGarrosh few times. It was actually amazing in laning/rotation phase. Damage wasnt important tbh. It was pain during teamfights tho. I actually think that extra button will be main reason for this builds lower winrate, for some time at least.