Win 170-190 points. lose minus 210 points

youd think the system would want me at 50% wr not 43%… so I should be losing less not more.

People don’t understand that MMR is simply bullsh*t and should be completely removed… I’m sorry but after 5 long years it’s OBVIOUS that MMR (as is) doesn’t work and the ranked play should be tailored in such way that MMR is simply non-existant and not taken into consideration what-so-ever

WHY ?

Here's a small experiment you can "run" on your own by playing quite a bit of storm league games
  • Win about 6-8 in a row all out of a sudden it will be YOU wielding the crown for your team, meaning ? = 2 ranks higher than your “usual permanent placement” and all out of a sudden it’s YOU are being the best (MMR-wise) player on your team ?

If anything, IF ANYTHING, I’d say that MMR is simply an “aftermath indicator” of you kicking some a-ss (or sucking some) and hence you gain the Crown during draft phase

And yes = MMR in a team game is but a HUGE SCAM and about time we got a control our teammates/teamcomps more instead of having scam system randomize the games

How to prevent complete randomization ?

1 = Map Veto (or even 2)
2 = Avoid as ally (5 at a time)
3 = Force everyone pick a role and an alternate role and force 'em play those picked roles (except maybe Support/Utility role, simply has too few heroes to be considered as a one)
4 = May be an overstretch but probably ranked should get reworked into more of a “preset division” type of matchmaker, for ex. get placed among 400 players, top 15% go higher at end of season, bottom 15% go lower… Things like that

But yes = make no mistake, MMR (or at least WR%-based MMR) is but a HUGE SCAM we got fed for none other than 5 years straight

2 Likes

i TOTALY agree with that , be part of the team or don t play the game. Then we ll see who is really good at game with all roles. We ll see how people can only win with OP Heroes or with skills and strategie :slight_smile:

How is the engine working as intended when I can place Bronze 5 (current season) on a new account and rise up all the way to Silver 5 (solo) while receiving permanent negative personal rank adjustment?

It’s completely random if you ask me. I can’t seem to make sense of it. I mean, really? Bronze 5 and still getting negative PRA? While still ranking up? Where’s the sense in that?

1 Like

I have already written 2 topics about issues when climbing up.

Don’t blame a system that deranks you if you don’t win.
Be the changing variable and win games.
If you are “Top 2” or whatever that means in all matches, then you are probably not doing what you SHOULD be doing, this is 100% a team game, not league of legends, don’t try to be the hypercarry, be the teamcarry, play with your team, or use them as distractions when needed.
But don’t watch as 4 men from your team uses one strat, only for you to play “The correct strat” because then they will be 4 people doing a bad play with 100% failure, instead play their strat and turn it into something good, that way their bad play can be reduced to 10-30% failure, or 70-90% success.

A mindset about not trying to be the one doing “the right thing” but rather be the variable that changes during the wrong thing is the epiffany of a good or a bad HOTS player.

Look at my topics, and read. (Master player currently at 2000 points)

My internet working fine for past 2 days, hope to play with you , may b in 2 hours i wil b in nexus :slight_smile:

Great, Clipper

I’ll be on in about 3 hours i bet, gonna meet someone at the mall, then go home to play, hope to see you in the nexus when i get home mate!

sure, i wil b online tht time, may b not responding bcoz having dinner, but i will b like mmmm inactive showing as HERO SELECT or BROWING LOOT CHEST :smiley:
just leave me a msg when u log in

Love the O this is a team game dont try to ever perform your best because that doesnt matter. Well i have played about every type of team game there is and if this wants to promote itself as a die hard team up or do nothing game then for 1 its need a better playerbase because why would i want to team up with 4 retards because honestly its all ive seen from bronze to diamond. Mechanically even the pros in this game would be bronze in any other moba. it is the simplest yet 90% of the players have no idea what they are doing. and also i love how youre defending literally proven the worst matchmaking system of all time in any game ever. I dont say that lightly blizzard couldnt of made a worse mm if they tried to and i believe they think its good. The mmr system is trash and telling every person well your not doing good if you lose is the dumbest sh*t i heard lets be real. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS CARRYING IN HOTS. there is no such thing so same could be flipped and said you think youre carrying but in reality youre not you climbed so fast because you luckily got matched with people who werent drooling all over their keyboard. This is about as rng as a moba can get i take that back because hots doesnt deserve to be in the same category as a moba since blizzard wanted to be niche and try to attract the most casual retards for a competitive game type they got this. and look how well hots is doing right. stop sitting there in your fairy tale world and face reality the game is fun and has potential but you people sitting here backing a mediocre broken game are only enabling blizzard to continue to put out sub par games and think its ok. but doesnt matter they could release blizzard idle heroes and you people would say it takes skill you have to afk just right