Will there ever be another strictly solo queue mode?

I haven’t really been one to be active on the forums. Just more so reddit, and lately I have noticed an increasing trend in smurfs and groups with some of these smurfs. Most of which will have winrates of at least 60-72%, high KDA ratios to match of 5.8 and above generally. All grouped together. I must say the experience playing against them is severely demoralizing with a team compromised of whatever players could be found in the queue. The type of coordination and chemistry displayed puts a respective team of random players to shame.

I do not know how these type of matches go for others, but I myself get to witness the most epic of team thrashings. Like a 7 - 31 slugfest, as well as back and forth of my own team members letting steam off on one another instead of the opposing team of smurfs. I know in HOTS’ current state it may be too much to ask.

However will there ever be another solo player queue mode similar to the HL of old? The satisfaction from getting a group of random players to work together towards one common goal is so awesome. As well as the positive and infectious energy that goes around from accomplishing said goal. I’m willing to put up with an increased wait time in the queue and a few trolls, if such a change ever made its way back.

I know stomps happen sometimes, but if there was ever an option to avoid groups of 3+ while queuing solo. I would do so like the plague. Sorry for asking for too much and not addressing my inability to adjust to grouping with players or finding some to group with. I just figured since there were already four game modes in which stacks of 3 or more can participate in. It wouldn’t hurt to have one game mode solely dedicated to whatever percentage of players that choose to queue solo, left. Thank you for taking time out to read this drivel. As I may just be stuck in the past, but good luck to you all in the nexus!

7 Likes

True! That and the two tier difference for queuing is annoying too. One of the last matches I played it was our team 5 gold 1-2 players vs 3 plat 1-2 playing against us because they queue with a silver 2 guy.
It’s not the end of the world but there is still a decent level of skill between high plats close to diamond players and high-mid gold players

1 Like

Keeping it simple. While I do agree and think blizzard needs to go back to this form of game mode. I highly doubt they will not. They put so little attention into ranked and honestly believes that premades are at a disadvantage in ranked so.

1 Like

Solo only should be a thing in every single game mode.
Playing in a large group is an automatic win when it matches you against a bunch of randoms,which it mostly does, and it creates extremely unbalanced matches.
Theres no challenge and competition here, which i guess is exactly what they want.

1 Like

But you guys are playing a game that Blizzard decided doesn’t need a pro scene…

Solo queue or not, doesn’t matters. What matters is the number of potatoes in each team…

Right smurfs grouping are sissies that can go stuck themselves

If Blizzard would have made guilds for this game so you could easily add and form 5 man groups of your choosing instead of just limited to your friends list this game would have done much better and it would be a non-issue. Since they got rid of HL solo que this game is strictly team based now so they need more team based features.

When HL existed I was able to climb my way up from low ranks to master solo. Solo and DUO que I repeatedly get people that try to lose it’s very odd like they are “tanking” the account on purpose and not sure why that is but, I also saw people spamming selling bronze 5 accounts so something is definitely wrong and again the only way is to make it easier to get a group of 5 decent players. Really find it hard to believe there aren’t guilds and team features. Blizzard really dropped the ball. I really tried to see if I could still do it solo Que I’m about 100 games in have a kda of 7.7 this season in SL getting MVP in losing games but still can’t get above 50% so think I’m done with it until if an when I can form a group of 5.

I came to the forums for the firs time just to make a post like this. I figured it had been talked about a million times because I can’t be the only one feeling this way. I don’t look at reddit or the forums here, but every since they changed the structure of hero league into storm league it has became really, really hard to deal with. I find myself putting people on whispers so I can avoid parties that have 2 full pages of wins on their match history. I guess it’s fun to start a smurf account or to party with someone 2 full teirs under you with a couple of friends that are good and just stomp random solo players way out of their league… but dang. This is really, really sad. I’m not a master player so I can’t even pull myself from silver to Gold when 2/3rds of my games are insanely difficult because of this party situation. I only had ONE game tonight where everyone was nearly the same rank. I am mid silver and I played against someone who was literally a game away from platinum tonight in a 4 man party and the lowest ranked player they were with was obviously on a smurf or was being boosted because he had a 85% winrate. This isn’t competitive. HOTS is a VERY team based game more so than any other MOBA, so how can this even seem like a viable way to do ranked. Even people at the same rank will have slight advantage with a coordinated party, but then throw in a couple people who are just mechanically way better at the game on top of that. It’s so insane.

Honestly, given Blizzard’s current standing in the community as well as the game’s support being cut, I seriously doubt this game has enough of a player-base/support-base to keep two ranked modes going.

The game has also adopted a model that revolves around punishing players rather than limiting the damage each player can do. It is a terrible model that is turning a great deal of the player-base off.

I mean, imagine you queue up for your first game of the day, immediately get into a game with someone who is walking into towers to ensure your loss.

But wait, you can’t leave because then blizzard punishes you for not wanting to play with them.

But wait you can’t afk, because then blizzard punishes you for not wanting to play with them.

But wait you can’t get angry, because then blizzard punishes you for venting frustration.

But then you finally get out of the game. You did it, you endured the griefing for ~24 minutes, maybe your second game will go better? You hit queue.

But wait, you end up in a game with the same guy on your team.

But wait, you can’t leave because then blizzard punishes you.

Deja vu? It’s a miracle anyone plays this game at all.

As a Heroes of the Storm veteran from beta to now, I can tell you for a fact that was not always this bad. I can tell you for a fact that the punishment-model that Blizzard adopted made this game unbearably frustrating. I can tell you for a fact that instead of admitting their mistake and fixing it, they would rather dig their heels in and watch the game rot.

1 Like

HL of the old was the best. Not sure why they removed it, but it was a terrible decision to do so.