Will there be patches next year?

I’d be happy with more maps, even if the differences are minor, mostly visual: seasons, environments (desert, grasslands, deciduous or spruce forest, ice), and a variation of camps. Most of which could be applied to existing maps.

Then again, some changes could change the optimal heroes and those high in the ranks might get annoyed about their timings and picks getting complicated. (Like how the two Diablo maps require different heroes.) Would be nice to ask Grubby, Fan and a few others about their opinion. Maybe they wouldn’t mind, either.

About heroes, I respectfully disagree. It already takes months to do an A-Z, with many heroes not seen (Yrel, Probius), and others unwelcome (Hogger). It’s hard to be creative, too, without risking overly difficult and clumsy stuff. On the player side, playing random (not auto fill!) heroes or those below level 10-15 can give new perspectives.

Sorting Heroes Profile global by popularity or pick rate shows that while some heroes are at 30-55%, there are many below 5%. One could look at those and improve them.

Anyway, that’s just my opinion, and we agree about maps. :wink:

1 Like

Even WC2 is still available on the GOG store, so there’s that too. I just don’t know how many people still play online. I love that game even though I was never good at it.

Dead is a figurative term, not to be taken as literally dead. Think of someone doing the graveyard shift at McDonalds, they’ll say its dead even though McDonalds is still running and serving food. There’s just less people coming in and wanting to order. Same thing here. Almost all Blizzard games are still running, just not as populated as before.

So while hots is not literally dead, people say its dead because its not as populated as before.

1 Like

I agree. I haven’t found a good HotS replacement yet and despite playing LoL for about 8 years on and off, I do not find it as enjoyable and relaxing as HotS.

Maybe it’s just time to lay off mobas completely. :frowning: And no, I don’t like the new ones either like Paragon or Pokemon Go. They just don’t compare to HotS.

Not to mention, I just like the Blizzard universe in general, this was the only place where you could play heroes like Diablo, Raynor, Tyrael or Uther and pit them one against the other.
Playing with anonymous heroes with no backstory just feels less immersive.

2 Likes

Play Monster Hunter. Its a great game.

2 Likes