Why smurfs play ranked?

i’ve seen in general chat smurfs asking other smurfs play ranked in SL and GL “smurfs who want ranked SL or GL?”
why you play ranked? “normal” players can’t handle against 2 or more smurfs…your level is higher, you’ll crush them…why do that? it’s not nice

2 Likes

E-peen points. Easier wins crushing noobs then playing against people who are the same skill as you…

you already have another account on diamond or master…let others improve in rank, this is not fair play! you keep players in low rank so you will have less competition on “your level”… because 2 or more smurfs in a team is better than 1 skilled player in low rank, and you keep him at that lv so you will not face him in diamond/master
it’s this “fair play” league? or “cousin” teams league?

There are the “on paper” not smurfs, like I am, who just play on two regions (EU main and NA for some fun with murican friends).
There are/were also a lot of EU Masters “smurfing” on NA to be able to compete in some recent(?) tournament (that pays money).

And there are the intenional smurfs.
Either to be able to play with certain friends, or the same with a more nefarious reason: to boost.
Plus there are ppl who think they’re in some kind of “Hell” with a tanked and inflexible mmr so they make an alt, having a blast cuz they’re better than average, but get stucked/fall back again, cuz they belong there. Which they cannot accept, so the cycle gets repeated.

3 Likes

Too many think they belong in master league when they truly belong in silver.

3 Likes

+Smurfing actually improves your playstyle because you can push a hero to the limit or you see a lot the others cant see. Its great for gamesence and to try out other heroes

+Its also stress free. I have a fulltime job. I dont want to tryhard in the evening

+You can play with your real friends who are lower then you without consequences and boosting their ego’s

-You will need to stomp some people to get to your own rank. It isnt great, but at the same time some deserve it. And you will never see them again anyway because your climbing speed is (hopefully) high

4 Likes

People enjoy screwing up the already poor matchmaking in this game and forcing players further down or higher than there skill level should be.

Had a duo yesterday and between the two, they died 23 times in ranked over 14 minutes. They just kept flaming chat saying we are playing the game right, you gotta die to win the game and they were clearly trolling.

3 Likes

Because it’s fun. Because I can play all kinds of trolly heroes and talents. Because in QM and Unranked your high MMR actively works against you balancing games with much lower level players while enemy team will be above them. Because in ranked with real account you regularly face pre-mades with smurfs to push down their MMR while your team gets some chitty duo or some random azz one tricks that expect teams to build around them.

There is no rank integrity left in this game. You will never get steady good games in high master and you get absolutely fudged by pre-mades unless you make your own 4-5 man group. It simply isn’t fun to play solo. Almost all my friends have quit the game for various reasons. The few remaining no longer wanna play ranked unless we have full group which almost never happens.

When ranked went from HL to TL ranked nearly died already for me as I mostly liked playing solo. I went for GM only once in TL just to see if it got any better. It didn’t get any better. After it went from TL to SL ranked was absolutely dead to me. Horrible game quality that came from TL seeding, smurfs and pre-mades just made miserable experience. So here I am making some smurfs every season to go from silver to master after which I just dump them :yawning_face:

Hmm to a degree. Playing low rank can also create bad habits.

When i watch ‘pro’ games on youtube they always talk about the importance of travelling safe routes when you can’t see the enemy on the map. Sure enough you’ll see teams stacked up in bushes ready for ganks.

As a platinum player, i almost always just take the path with the fastest travel time. It’s highly unlikely the enemy is waiting in the bushes. If i can’t see them on the map, it’s typically because theyre taking mercs.

My pathing is probably very predictable for a master player and if i played a pro game i would be punished hard for it. However, in my games i don’t get punished so why not?

3 Likes

Fan also takes strategies he sees from silver and uses them in gm games.

“I fear a novice swordsman far more than a master one, for his attacks are unpredictably stupid”.

6 Likes

In addition to other suggestions, because every player behind a smurf account was victim of some sort of abuse and their smurf behavior in ranked HoTS is an indirect way of them getting back at their abuser so it feels good and rewarding.

More power to them. Good. Just not sure if healthy for the game and the already beleaguered MM system. But Blizzard allows it so there is something there.

Smurfs and Power Leveling broke the game : no one want it, but MMR reseting, clear frontier between solo/team MMR and forbidding smurfs are the way to go.

I still get a headache after being hit by Jaina’s Cold Snap (20) in QM by some level 2 Jaina player.

It just comes out of the bush as I never expect anyone taking that upgrade. It doesn’t even occur to me to check talent tab to see if someone took it. Then it hits you…

they play on smurfs because those are frustrated players that can’t get a decent performance on their main accs so they just wants to stomp players on lower leagues so they can feel they’re god tier players. :slight_smile:

They are playing smurfs because it is allowed by Bli². Like : “They can cheat with smurfing ? Why shouldn’t I ?”.

it’s a kind of cheating…groups of masters/diamonds/platinum have 2 or more accounts and playing in low ranks (bronze/silver/gold) and keep players who is not associates with them( "high ranks ") at that level…the thing is that those players know better the mechanics of the game (they r not high ranks for nothing) and if 1 skilled player in a low rank plays against 2 or more smurfs he will not improve in rank…those smurfs are everywhere in ranked now, and also they are trolling (after they win 4-5 games in parties, they go solo and troll 4-5 games to keep that account in that rank level)…those “masters” have influence on the community and they created a system to not allow players who isn’t in their groups to go in high ranks, in other words “cousion” effect (if u take someone, he will came with his gang)…you will not win against 2 or more smurfs, and you will lose when a smurfs play solo in your team (double lose system)…and there are many groups doing that…fair play?

Literally like high school baseball team playing against little league. seems silly right?
But the internet has changed alot of what is normal and acceptable.

honestly though, just consider that if they do that…they have most likely personal issues in life. But if that gives you comfort their pain, then sort of the same thing they are doing?

Can’t win. It won’t go away. Ruins the lower leagues for sure (bronze pretty much)

so you’re doing the smurf thing right?

Because MY ACCOUNT GOT PERMA BANNED

Having a smurf doesn’t mean that you’re super good.

Personally, I don’t play weekend SL with my main account. So I use a smurf when I still want to play ranked.

1 Like