Why do you use this forum?

Well, I don’t like reddit, and I only use facebook to connect with friends. Not to get in discussions about stuff with strangers.

Like Minky said, the forums have an interesting community that makes a variety of topics. There are guides, forum games, and other cool stuff like the music thread and the replay thread. People who post here can be helpful, funny, sometimes a little crazy (still funny), and usually I enjoy reading what they have to say.

1 Like

Sigh

Yeah Artanis, the best way to get enemy in your side - it’s to ship it.

Why do I use this forum?..

…It’s been something that I’ve wondered about myself for all the reasons you’ve listed above, yet am obviously contradicting myself by continuing to use it…A conundrum…

…But I guess, for me, it’s like this:

Every online game I’ve ever played up until Heroes of the Storm has been a game where you can stop and goof around with people in-game. That’s not to say you can’t goof around in HotS. It’s just that in games like Diablo 2, Guild Wars, Phantasy Star Online, and even deathmatch FPSes like Quake 2 or Halo, I would often find myself using the game as a glorified chat room with “regulars” (anyone I saw more than once). The way it seems with HotS (and seemingly all MOBAs) is that people don’t want to stop and chat at all in-game, which I obviously don’t blame them for, as literally every second counts toward victory (“less typing, more playing plz”). As much as I love HotS, the lack of in-game social shenanigans eventually drove me to google “hots forums,” which lead me here.

This probably explains why I’m mostly only interested in forum games and threads that involve creativity…You won’t see me show up much in balance or hype threads.

I require shenanigans.

3 Likes

This is a good point. I know people want to get into the action faster, but I can’t help but wonder if the game and its community would benefit from a little more time before the match starts. An opportunity to go over strategy, or just make some jokes, and bond with your team a bit.

2 Likes

To tell the Blizzard how OP the new heroes is and how broken match making and mmr is, of course. :wink:

2 Likes

When I first started playing, I joined the forums to learn and get some direction on resources to use to get better.

I stayed because despite it’s flaws, I like the community and I like helping people. PlusI enjoy reading the forums when bored - except when there’s a million threads of the same topic. I usually just check out for awhile.

1 Like
  1. To ask a question without having to sign up to yet another website
  2. Cause I’m bored
  3. This is the official spot even though Blizz treats it like a distant cousin.
  4. Learning new things
  5. The gags
  6. I stayed cause I found a couple people I like hearing from
  7. I try and teach what I know
3 Likes

My first ever post on the forum was because I was raging over a Samuro who AFK’d a whole game just to complete his daily quests. So I first used the forum just to tilt (like most seem to do now)

Now I use it because I like most of the forum people better than I like the players in game

2 Likes

I started posting on the forums once a bunch of my favorite heroes got nerfed into oblivion and are now boring renditions of themselves. Therefore, I came to toss my opinions into the mix to hopefully, prevent any other changes due to ‘unfun’ because in my opinion, the direction of the game has been ‘unfun’.

It grinds my gears when I see a dev comment where they state that the reason for a nerf is due to ‘unfun’. At least they’re honest I guess…

I’m of the belief that one should focus on getting better aka raising their own bars to adapt to the game rather than have the game adapt to bad players.

I don’t dislike bad players, we were all new once and probably horrible but some of us grew and others whined until the game became flavored water to meet the demands of our weakest links.

Remember battletoads on Sega with that god awful jetski level? Yeah, there was no complaining to devs on that one. You had a finite amount of lives and you either succeeded or lost. There was no middle ground, you had to rise up to meet the challenge.

I feel like anything challenging in this game has just been the subject of nerfs so that you can spend less time paying attention and more time brawling. Remember heroes who excelled really well at punishing bad positioning? Yeah, most of those guys have been nerfed due to “No counterplay” and “unfun!” I call BS, the counterplay is not being bad and trying to solo top lane without watching the mini map.

Anyway, that’s why I’m on the forums, to throw my stance into the hat. That way, if I end up being a silent majority/miniority, I can make my stance be heard since only the squawkers get catered to.

1 Like

The longer/slower medium for a ‘forum discussion’ makes a better prompt platform for practicing peculiar particulars that are possibly prudent to my proclivities.

basically it helps me get my mojo goin for my work and recreational writing.

2 Likes

Even tho i don g even play hots anymore i mostly check this forum to get updated and see where hots is going.And the comunity here is great.

1 Like

Memes, leaks of future content, salt

I also use this forum to be tormented by unfunny Tassadar posts.

3 Likes

If I just want to talk bad about the product without offering valid feedback, I’d stick to external platforms, because big daddy doesn’t take criticism all too well sometimes. There are some things they just won’t allow you to discuss here, because of company policy or bad PR some controversial post might bring.

But if you have a valid idea to share on how to improve something it’s probably better to throw it out here where it’s not a rule of degenerates that share same biases as you do. There’s a reason why they make offsite communities for themselves.

Also EU forums are at the bottom of the barrel and no one really cares for what you write over there. These ones are barely functioning as well but it is still a place which the developers actively monitor and participate in.

1 Like

You don’t get instant reactions (except Sami). Throw in your thoughts, let them breed, return after a day and see what happened.

Threads and posts are sorted by time only. No activity, relevance, this might interest you, other people also checked… Just plain old sorting from old to new.

It’s more convenient to read when you have a few minutes like on the train or during a coffee break.

No better place to read guides.

3 Likes

How cute.

1 Like

I wasn’t able to log on after post this but to give out some likes, I appreciate the responses.

I do the same, it’s why I love a thread like this: Salt Mines - Deposit all your anger here!

If I’ve had a few bad games, I can read I’m not alone and often more fortunate than other people.

Agreed, there is little clutter here getting in the way of having a good discussion about HOTS.

I’m surprised you don’t have it, just read a few more threads, you contribute enough to earn it.

I often find myself agreeing with your posts Planar, this one was no exception. I’ve just quoted the part I most agree with, I enjoy this format as it’s easy to read and contribute (while waiting in SL queue) and as you said most of all it’s functional.

This is a very good point, I do the same, though I shudder at the thought of having to read my own post history.

It also mostly benefits from moderation. It’s not always perfectly applied but moderation does seem to keep this place a bit more civil compared to other platforms. I also don’t like the hoddie guy spying on me.

Me too, it’s I’m often impressed by the imagination and talents of many forums users. For example the community skin suggestion that made Janitor Leoric happen.

As mentioned I appreciate that aspect too, it’s a unique means in which to get to interact and “know” people.

You also contribute some good insights, but I admit I give you lots of likes because you’re one of those forum posters with good humor like Skully who gives me many good laughs.

It’s easier here, real life is often pulling me away from the computer, so I’d rather use this than seem rude and leave a real time conversation. Though I do use discord with a small group of old friends.

I must admit I first starting using the forums while waiting for SL queues to pop.

I’ve discovered some great music I might never have through that thread, people are helpful often the crazy funny ones are my favorite posters. :slight_smile:

Yes this, other games I played before this like D3 you could have very long conversations in game and make friends more frequently. Outside of a running a greater rift chatting wasn’t an impairment to your chances of winning the game.

Many regular posters have helped my own play with your hero tips and guides. I don’t always get a chance to say thanks, but it’s contributions like these that bring me back.

Nods…I enjoy your posts, as an aside I appreciate the display of alliteration there. :slight_smile:

1 Like

to necro threads that should never have been necroed in the first place.

1 Like

The Forum is a place you can go to and be at not something you can use.
Respect this place, this is where We pray.
God bless.