Why do I have to download 137 mb everytime to play hots

Every time I launch heros of the storm I have to download 137 mb. Please tell me how to fix this

6 Likes

There is no fix. It has been broken forever. You can create a shortcut to the HeroesSwitcher_x64.exe app and bypass the Blizzard launcher but that’s the only workaround.

2 Likes

So you can download your forced 50% WR.

3 Likes

Howdy Dredune,

This is caused by a known bug with the game/app. We are looking into a fix as we speak and will hopefully have this fixed up soon. Thankfully it shouldn’t stop you from being able to play the game.

2 Likes

There is no really GOOD way to fix this and the problem has been going on for I think over 2 months !!!
They don’t care, they just don’t care.
And it finally made me stop playing the game. It is SO annoying.
What baffles me is how people accept this and continue to play like nothing is wrong.

6 Likes

yes bro u r right. there are no smart people here. I deleted and reinstalled 10 times but no results

2 Likes

I got the same problem. But, on top of that, it downloads at 128kbps or 256, even tho I have 150mbps internet connection, that freaks me out!!

Lol, I love this game but can’t help but laugh at the blue post response here. This st has been going on for months now. Like 3 months, maybe 4. People at Blizzard have known about it since it started. The sad truth is that they didn’t know how to solve the problem then and they don’t know how to solve it now. Or maybe they do, but it doesn’t matter because there’s no urgency for them to fix it. They don’t give a rat’s ace about HOTS fans because we bring them no revenue. Get used to the inconvenience of a bullst “patch” every time you play because it won’t be going away any time soon.

1 Like

This is the answer…

Dont listen to any blue post fix

This is a well known issue that many suffer with, but this fix is the only thing that works 100%, I have had no issues since.

Look at the HeroSwitcher fix, it works

Why does a download that takes 10 sec to get annoy you ? Its not like it cause problems ingame. I keep playing becasue I dont let a bug stop me from having fun but I guess that does not apply to you.

1 Like

You have to realize that there are people with much slower internet connections that take a lot longer than 10 seconds to download. On top of that, there are quite a few people with small data caps that are wasting data downloading nearly 150mb every time they launch battle.net, especially when looking at those who play on a mobile hot spot.

Just because its not a problem for you doesn’t mean it isn’t for a lot of others. Having this bug for months SHOULD be annoying and its inexcusable for a company like Blizzard to let this go on for as long as it has.

2 Likes

Still nothing has been done. Still loading the same 137mb to play

It’d be nice if you’d update other blue posts where they say it’s the user’s fault and reinstall the universe.

It’s also not in the ‘known issues’ list why?

2 Likes

It has also been reported and acknowledged as early as November.

Yes please find a fix for this. I am out in the country on a limited data plan ( don’t get cut off but get slower speeds after using up my cap and doing 137 every time i want to play adds up after a while.

Some of y’all need therapy getting heated over something so trivial.

still broken and pushing 137mb almost every day

Your answer in the thread below.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/heroes/t/please-fix-the-blizzard-appheroes-of-the-storm-launcher/57021