Why can polymorph work on the odin -Solved

Outdated info, I was entirely wrong.

Summary

Just, why in gods name can Brightwing polymorph my Odin as Tychus. I dont play this game too often. But I’m pretty sure Polymorph is a trait. the Odin is my Ult as Tychus. Why can Brightwing just, blip the Odin out of existence for another 90 seconds whilst I was using it? That is so cheesy. It is so cheesy, it hurts.

You can polymorph shredders and other mechs in wow

1 Like

Because it grants Tychus armor, not unstoppable. Brightwing can also polymorph the following as well.

• Sonya: Wrath of the Berserker.
  • Muradin: Avatar.
  • Illidan: Dark Metamorphosis.
  • Alexstraza: Dragon Form.

All of those grant CC duration reduction, unlike the Odin. Although polymorph will still work on them, it should last much shorter.

On the other hand polymorph will not work on the following as they are unstoppable.

• Samuro: Blade Storm.
  • Qhira: While swinging around a character.
  • Johanna: Trait while active.
  • Deathwing: At any time. He is permanently unstoppable.
  • Chen: While rolling in barrel.
  • Leoric: While casting his march ultimate or channelling his spirit form.
  • Ragnaross: While in Molten Core form.
  • Valeera: Cloak of Shadows.

On top of these characters there are many other characters which grant unstoppable either via talents, as bonuses for other abilities or for very brief periods.

Are you trying to say that after polymorph ends you are not in Odin form, Odin is on full cooldown and you got practically no time out of Odin? If so then that is a serious bug that needs to be reported. Polymorph should work on Odin but revert back to Odin as long as the Odin still has duration remaining.

4 Likes

Thank you for your response you have been very helpful.

It very well could have been coincidental but I’m saying polymorph completely ended my use out of the Odin. As in, I was hit with it, and bam. Back to normal Tychus. Hence why I was kinda annoyed by it, it just. Didn’t make sense to me to make a normal ability cancel an ult.

It would probably need more testing by someone like you, who clearly has more experience and knowledge instead of me. However I could have sworn it happened twice. I was in Odin form, blasted by polymorph, and blam. Odin gone. Unfortunately, I was in QP and I only play with a friend. And not many people play Brightwing so, I was unable to see precisely why. It’s just the way things happened. And I really wish I could get more testing to see if it was a bug or not. because again- there’s a chance it could have just been false memory, or my Odin use ended, on polymorph.

1 Like

I suggest posting the replay. That way people can look at what happened and the sequence of events.

The replay files are found in your documents folder. HotS auto saves replays for this exact reason.

1 Like

Dude you deserve an award or something. I’ll gladly eat my own words- polymorph didn’t end my Odin use, it was coincidental timing, and that was my second battle of the day, hence why my memory was fuzzy.

Here I was thinking my ult was borked or some hindsight but, it was just me.