Why am i losing points?

I lost so many points by this one.

1 Like

probably gained so many points too.

If I’m correct, PRA works something like this:
If the MM think you will win and you win, you lose a bit from the base 200 points. If the MM think you will lose but you win, you gain a few extra points.
It helps putting and keeping ppl where they belong.

I believe that is Favored Team Adjustment, not Personal Rank Adjustment.

6 Likes

I’ve been getting a lot of PRA for a while. I get around 30 every match and still do up to 9000 Master’s. (TL)

Fair point.
But PRA is something like that. It probably tries to keep your mmr and rank synced.

That is what I always understood PRA to be. If your MMR is higher than your rank, you will be given a positive PRA at the end of a match to try and get them closer in sync.

1 Like

So somehow between when i left and came back, i no longer belong in my current rank…hm, okay…well if it doesn’t return next season, i’ll be happy about that much. Thank the majority of you for your input.

Yes , you get rusty over time and your reflexes may get dulled on certain asoect of the game or you make poor decisions that you would had normally not made before leaving.

Its like anything , do martial arts for years and then for a years before stsrting back and see what happens lol

The personal rank adjustment makes sense and is justified.

Depending how long you stop playing you’ll have rank decay. Rank decay was introduced so that people don’t just reach a rank, then stop playing for a year and automatically go back to that rank, effectively being misplaced.

However, if you win a game then lose points, that’s a bug.

rank decay here though is only for like master/grandmaster i think as i recall. no one else gets decayed.

it was part of the early 2018 updates i believe.

No, decay applies to diamond as well.

The rate of decay is just different.

LEAGUE INACTIVE DAYS BEFORE DECAY EXTRA GRACE PERIOD DAYS
Diamond 20 10
Master 15 10
Grand Master 10 10

Also, this changed as well:

Previously, a player could skip the current Hero League season entirely and attempt to increase their MMR by playing in other game modes. By doing so, they could gain more favorable placement match re-seeding at the start of the next ranked season. We’d prefer to see players progress through the ranking system naturally by competing in Hero League rather than using Quick Match or Unranked Draft to give a boost to their rankings. As a result, all returning Hero League players will now be re-seeded based on their most recent Hero League performance data, instead of their skill in other game modes.

3 Likes

personally i think it should apply to all ranks. if you leave your rank should go down slowly regardless of where you are on the board.

ya that one is a good change too though it has its problems as well.

I think it should apply to most ranks, except maybe bronze / low silver. Getting out of there is hard enough.

Hey Red…just read.my topic…
About increase ranked points idea and this cheme table…

Problem is we dont know how exactly calculate this ELO MMR system. And problem is Blizzard would not explain why here in this topic. If someone know know how work this ELO MMR system or ajustment system…feel.free to explain to us…:slight_smile:

possibly with how ranked queue was setup that was definitely true. however, they will be merging the ranked queues soon also. that should help out with more ppl in general being available in one queue. additionally they are going to be removing ranked points (PRA and Favored Adjustments) which has been something ppl have often complained on as something holding them back. there is also the removal of promo and demo games. smooth transition between the ranks seems like it would be better.

i think with the changes coming something like bringing decay to all ranks wouldnt actually be as bad as you might think. especially considering that if you are active then decay doesnt actually hit you. you have to go inactive for a period of time (as you noted above for diamond 3 weeks!).

thing is i’m usually around high gold/low plat these days, my mmr says i’m around diamond on hots logs but i’ve nvr achieved that before, so w/e on that end. but again, it was only about a month of absence and i was not diamond or even plat when i left

They need to bring back the pirate map to tl

Rank decay occurs if you are platinum or higher I believe.

yeah, like i said i was Gold when i left…anyways, if this isn’t returning, then cool.