Where you got your name?!

Just the best anagram of my first name… which I use for all my e-accounts btw… :sweat_smile:

And just a random number…

… just kidding, guess what, I’m a goth :skull::smiling_imp::skull_and_crossbones::skull::metal:t2:

3 Likes

I made an anagram of my name and added a few extra letters to make it sound a little nicer.
Creativity 11/10

2 Likes

I used to play an online browsergame called Syrnia, which I quite enjoyed.
Later I had to think of a name for my cat and called it Syrnis.

Thus this name was born.

3 Likes

First part of my name ‘‘Luyekka’’ from the old serial ''Lexx". This woman character are a sentient carnivorous plant. Second part ‘‘Rocco’’, seems Italian footbolist, it nick name of my brother.

1 Like

From back on my WoW WoTLK days… we decided to go for sweets/desserts names

Main tank - Profiterol (myself)
Off-tank - Tiramisu
Main Healer - Tartaleta (tart)
DPS - Golfeado (south american dish)
DPS - LemonPie

Why not?

2 Likes

The back alley darling, where Dr. Logan throws his last dreams of a Tassadar rework.

2 Likes
I am cause and purpose

first spark and last light
nowhere, everywhere
forever now
I don’t be

Eternally I change

and ofc I’m bored at work.

9 Likes

I gave you a like dear as you type as if Tori Amos is playing HOTS.

2 Likes

I definitely did not choose this name by picking my favorite SC1 Protoss unit and slapping an adjective on the front. Nope, not a chance. <_<

6 Likes

I made up fat_cyborg back when we used to play around on Yahoo messenger, because I had never seen a fat cyborg before. Later I kept using the name for lots of games and accounts. One being League of Legends, I felt like they made Urgot for me! Then here I felt like they made Road Warrior Cyber Azmodan for me.

3 Likes

better question is why enemy can see my name in draft

1 Like

There is this heavy metal song that I really like, with a straightforward riff :

Afterwards, my own metal band and my name where named after that :slight_smile:

I had so much of “lulz i saw u on grindr xd” though

4 Likes

Was studying biochemistry at the time, called myself biochemist (in Lithuanian = Biochemikas). Master of creativity, aren’t I?

5 Likes

Got mine from a character from a dead RPG game in Facebook, called Buddy Rush, which was very popular before the devs decided to stop.

Here’s Skully (the Pirate):

Her in-game bio: “A female pirate who is a sharp shooter with an even sharper tongue! She’s absolutely perfect! Oh, Except the fact that she gets seasick often…

I mained the hell out of this girl, first character to get to Diamond Level, got her legendary items and a simple skin. When the game died, I took her name as a way to remember her and her awesomeness.

8 Likes

From your mom…

Ohohohohoohohhoho!
This is so great one! :3

1 Like

I came up with Volsong back when I started playing WoW in BC and needed a name for my Troll Warrior. I figured the Horde were pretty metal (\m/) and Trolls are big in Scandinavian lore so I think it made me think of the Volsung clan. That combined with the Warsong Clan (\m/ GROM ******* HELLSCREAM \m/), ended up with Volsong. I liked the way it sounded and people seemed to like it too so it stuck as my name ever since. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Originally i wanted to do sculpting and crafting videos on YT, and since those are “offline” activities i wanted to name my channel just that…but it was already in use…so i put a number behind it, still taken :rofl:
And for the 3rd try it registered :sweat_smile:
But my YT dreams went away due to financial issues but since the name was there ever since 2k6 or 2k8 (my longest in use internet alias ever) so i just use it everywhere now :slight_smile:
And thats how i got the Offline65 as a username.

4 Likes

This reminds me of The Stormlight Archive. I don’t want to spoil anything, but they are great Medieval Fantasy books, if you have that sort of interest. The Way of Kings is the first book.

2 Likes

Originally my name was Kronomage, which means time mage and it came from Cronos (in greek, Krónos), the greek/roman titan of human time and harvesting. People would normally shorten it to Krono, which sounded nice, so I lately decided to change it to Kronoz and, as my obsesion with the moon developed, I gave my name a last name and it ended up being Kronoz Moonlight. Catchy, I believe.

I still use Kronomage, but now is some kind of nickname to Kronoz.

4 Likes