Where you got your name?!

Post where/why you got your username!

Disclaimer: seen spicymayo26 ask in another thread and thought itd be fun on a larger scale lol

2 Likes

My name was MR roboto then zuljin came out… yolo tazdingo trades= YoloBaggins

2 Likes

The classic murloc sound effect is named “murlocaggrob”. I think that has a nice ring to it.

More specifically, I took the name when I was making a WoW machinima when I was like 10 (don’t bother looking for it, it never made it off my desktop). It was one of many files I downloaded.

4 Likes

My 1st acct was Gill but it got banned so now I will never spend money again on any game that has a BS report system like Blizzards that caters to the overly sensitive.

Thus, NoMoneyGill to remind me never to spend money on Blizzard again.

6 Likes

Favorite Yugioh Card was Caius the Shadow Monarch and I like the word Cain.

4 Likes

Truth.

20 characters

1 Like

My friends have calling me gishki or el gishki for so many that now i feel like is my real name so in any site i just wrote gishki as my username.
By the way gishki is a yugioh archetype.

1 Like

Logan is my the most foreign name.

Why doctor? Because I have a lot of things, related to medicine.

4 Likes

I stole someones game name in a different game and changed it a little.

3 Likes

I honestly don’t know what made me choose a username like “LittleFella”.
All I know is I’ve stuck with it for several years and I don’t feel like changing it. (Naming things is hard, even when naming myself.)

3 Likes

A friend on another forum I frequented got me into WoW. My user name on the other forum was Hokulele (Hawaiian for “Shooting Star”), and I used that for a WoW character name. When BNet was introduced, I couldn’t use the full name for some reason, so I shortened it to Hoku (Star). The name seems to be fairly popular, as I have seen two other Hokus in game.

2 Likes

I typed in random letters in sequences until something looked semi decent.

2 Likes

The name comes from Victini, pokemon of 5 generation #494 of the pokedex. Truly the golden ages of pokemon.

1 Like

Mumrah is actually how I thought the actual villains name was spelt. Mumm-ra was easily dissected to mean, Sun Mummy. Mumm short for Mummy, and Ra = sun.

I like Thundercats and my first Beta character in WoW was an undead war named Mumrah. I had, if I recall correctly, about 15 people say they recognize the reference by saying, “HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO” or, “Thundercats!”.

A happy accident.

7 Likes

A1 Steaksauce, that’s were I got mine

5 Likes

I made it up when I was coming up with names for WoW characters. I later found out vekkuli is a finnish word for clown/imp, so that worked out alright. :clown_face:

3 Likes

Gnarilex was the name of the worgen druid I mained during Mists of Pandaria. He doesn’t exist anymore as I switched servers a few times. I thought it had a nice ring to it. Gnarled like a branch. You can imagine the sheer disappointment I felt when I queued up for a dungeon with some friends and made it to the end of Wailing Caverns, where the druid you’re trying to wake up is named Naralex :roll_eyes: Been trying to get rid of it ever since, but I used my free battletag change on it and can’t think of a replacement name.

2 Likes

Used this name back in 2008 when playing CoD and im not that creative so it stuck with me.

2 Likes

Back when I was nolifing Urban Terror I found Wombat picture by accident, funny word. When I got on killing spree I started screaming MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAAAT and changed it for Mortal Wombat for lulz.
Forgot about online games for quite a while, used mix of my real name and numbers (you know, retro boring way) for my used-to-be HOTS main. Made smurf to train weaker heroes in non-ranked modes (back then I thought QM games change my HL MMR lol) and used this nick. Touchy story isnt it?

3 Likes

I have no idea what to name myself so I decided to mix my first name with my family name, and it kinda worked.

At least there isn’t anyone else called SamiSha right? right?

Cringy story I know.

7 Likes