When's the next hero price mark down do you think?

Title.

There’s lots of heroes atm and when will it be for the next price cut down do you think?

not really sure if they’ll lower the prices for the rest of the heroes. it’s been like this for a long while and i don’t see it happening any time soon only for new heroes as usual start at 15k and then lowered to 10k after few weeks of release.

3 Likes

I doubt that there will ever been a cut on the price of any Hero at this point, but indeed the older one could use a discount.
Also they should look at the difficulty level of Heroes, since some of them are drastically changed after a rework.

This year the only hero to drop in price is Orphea in January from 10k to 7k (others are just new releases being lowered from 15k to 10k as usual).

I think they don’t do that anymore. Much of the roster seems to permanently cost 10k.
Back in the day multiple heroes would be lowered in price per month.

1 Like

Not orphea. D.va
They did it in every month after a topic about the 10k heroes price appaerad.

Sorry, yes it was D.va.

Gold is too easy to get for free, and new heroes are spaced out enough for veteran players to always have everything for free anyway.

The prices mainly hurt new players trying to build up a personal roster.

Or, put another way, it’s slow enough to allow a new player time to learn the last hero he bought before buying another one. And you always have try mode to see if you’ll like a hero before you drop down the cash. The cheap ones give you plenty of variety in your roster so you can play without feeling too limited. The 10K ones do require some skill. A lot of them are definitely niche.

Just saying there are pluses and minuses to the design decision

1 Like

There are heroes that are still 10k that aren’t really more nuanced than old cheap heroes, they’re just newer. If the pricing structure’s intent is to guide new players in their purchases, I think it could use a little updating.

The entire monetization model actually needs updating, but in the mean time I think after about 2 years some heroes could be dropped.

I’d agree with that. I think a lot of what we see is simply because Blizz yanked their design teams for Diablo 4 and OW2 and left all of their other projects on the backburner with skeleton crews. Blizz knows they’re a long way out from having a new title to launch and it’s a huge problem for them.

I’d like to see a core set of heroes for new players that are relatively easy in their mechanics available right away or with 2,000 gold purchase prices, say 15, so if you get these, you can play ranked. They can increase the prices on the others relative to their difficulty to play well, and of course, leave the newest ones on 10K pricing.

Honestly they could do a dynamic pricing that’s simply timed based on release date. Initial release: 15K. After 2 weeks: 10K. After 1 year: 7K. After 2 years: 4K. Then, everything’s automated and they don’t have to maintain it or revise it. If they want, they can still have exceptions like Abathur, TLV, or Cho’gall due to their unique mechanics.

1 Like

Why buy it for gold when you can get it from loot boxes? /s

Is there a need for one? Heroes are dirt cheap these days. And with the release window extended to 4 months between each hero and the next, you have plenty of time to save up those gold if you don’t want to open up the wallet.

Well, of course. Why not?

Just because there’s lots of cars around doesn’t mean every bargain must be the same price as say… a decade year old one?

The point is, lots of heroes get older and if they do they should become more accessible for those who are either new to the game or have played for a long time without getting the chance to pick them up because of the price.

Https://heroesofthestorm.gamepedia.com/List_of_heroes_by_release_date

Look at the list. It’s choke-full of 7k and below. In fact, you can easily make a roster consist of only the 2k/4K and still be able to play ranked. Your excuse of making it easier for the new players is totally busted.

If they have been playing for a long time, they would be sitting on a full roster and a mountain of unspent gold. There is absolutely no reason for them to be short on gold to buy newly released heroes. Let alone those have been out for a few years.

Well, the only way to earn gold efficiently is with wins or with quests or levels. All of which is pretty difficult to stack up for at least 10,000 for the most recent heroes and 7,000 for less recent ones.

Nevertheless, 30 gold for wins (20 if you lose), 300 gold every day (600 if you’re lucky) and 500 for every 5, 10, 15+ levels is hardly enough for any casual players even if they play a long time. That’s maximum what, average 400 gold a day with a small boost of 200 extra gold depending on quests or level rewards.

That still takes roughly a month to buy a new hero with all dedication. Plus, people reroll boxes, which is also a costly thing.

Sure, dedication is key to anything, but heroes who are 2+ years should get a discount, and the data proves my point since it states that many heroes from 2015 never even got once a discount ever.

For long time player, that’s more than enough. For new players, 10,000 gold is 2 to 5 old heroes. That’s what they should be doing, solidifying their base roster. Not chasing after the newest, shiniest thing that’s just come out.

Also, I told you, the window for new hero is 3-4 months. That’s a good 30,000-40,000 golds until the next. That’s about enough to buy every hero that has been released this year.

What brilliant thinking. You don’t have enough gold to buy the hero(es) you needed. And yet, you waste away what little amount you have left on gambling with lootboxes. You brought this upon yourself. You totally deserved it.

All it ever proven is that your point is nonsense.

2015: Sylvanas, Kael’thas, Jojo, Butcher, Leoric, Kharazim, Rexxar, Morales, Artanis, Lunara

2016:
Gul’dan, Zarya, Alarak, Ragnaros.

2017:
D.va.

Instead of focusing on those that didn’t get discount. How about you look at those that did? Think about what you really needed and work on saving for it.

Dang someone’s in a bad mood.