When game dies can we have an extra "backup" server?

if not what u guys gonna play? To be honest I like this community a lot. So why not keep the friends? Probably have a backup plan when S hit the F. Have an extra backup server, make an unnoficial Hots Discord Server for the forum, or something like that. Who knows. we might end up adding a new hero.

4 Likes

there are some attempts to make updates to hots utilising the sc2 editor, but none of them have picked up much popularity, that’s always an option

Would make for a better experience, so it’s not a terrible idea. Smaller communities are always superior.

Who will maintain it?

Anything else.

If it’s unofficial this will never happen unless the community adds them.

You can keep them in other games. Reach out to those you like and add them to your friends lists in other platforms.

Blizz will probably never release any of their games to the public to make changes and let the community maintain servers to keep their games up, because there is money to be had.

1 Like

I know but if we don’t start a discussion then how do we start about it? I mean, its going to be a long ride but personally i think it’s worth. I like this game so much still. Only game I play currently.

he is more than dead it already smells bad.
It’s time to bury him. (Hit the F.)

Illegal private servers for WoW work because you only need like 100 to 500 people for a really thriving community which has different people specializing in manufacturing different things or specializing in different character classes etc.

A HotS private server with less than tens of thousands of players can’t function properly for anything else than custom games or AI matches.

That is the curse of a moba, it requires a large pool of players to select players from to have optimal matchmaking from the lowest leagues all the way to the highest ones.

Even if someone rips the materials and emulates an illegal server for HotS, connecting to it is useless if it has so few people online you can’t really do anything but play an AI game against yourself or a Custom with a few friends (though I guess it’s better than no game at all).

2 Likes

I already left the game 8 months ago and are now only playing Monster Hunter or Master Duel. Game stopped being fun and I moved on. Only reason I still are around here is cause this forum got many good players to talk with.

3 Likes

What do you know?

This is a good point, BUT they can be made to accommodate tournaments. Locally.

1 Like

Dota 2, State of Decay 2, Dead by Daylight, DnD, Lotr: Rise to War, TF2.

There are a lot of places for me.

Spending roughly 45 seconds or so in the general chat lobby would be enough to cure you of that.

Its the cesspool of humanity.

2 Likes

I’m of the mind they should simply rename the General Chat channel and rebrand it as “Degenerate Chat”, at least that would serve as a more honest and accurate warning label.

4 Likes

Degeneral Chat.

4 Likes

Bro just be happy that those people are beneath you.