When can Mac users expect to be able to play Hots again?

Hots has been down for Mac users for over two days now with no updates from blizzard on when this will be fixed. What gives?

I guess its time to find a new game :frowning:

most recent patch: Heroes of the Storm Live Patch Notes – February 12, 2019 — Heroes of the Storm — Blizzard News

Mac

• Improved compatibility with latest Mac OS versions.

edit:
i posted in this other thread here Game Crashing after new patch on Mac

that you may want to post a error log. it may have some information on what is going on.

i would say buy an actual gaming system. macs are not for games.
…in fact i still wonder about why ppl buy macs that cost thousands of dollars for something that isnt all that good.

May I as what you mean by that statement – Macs aren’t Macs for games? Because they don’t have DirectX? Because they don’t have support for all the GPUs that Windows does?

Macs do have access to DirectX, because you can install Windows on them

Anyway, the thing is: just because Windows is a better gaming OS (because it is for various reasons) it doesn’t mean Macs are totally worthless gaming machines. They can be quite capable especially now when MacOS includes a modern graphics API (Metal). So it’s up to developers to utilize it if they can and want.

As to why people spend more money compared to to similar hardware from another vendor I’d say it mostly comes down to the operating system which some prefer to use rather than Windows.

2 Likes

I have found that as far as TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) goes a Mac is far cheaper then PC. So that higher up front cost more then pays for itself in the long run. I should point out that linux machines are even cheaper then PCs but their software is not something you can go down to the store and buy. Also since the MacOS is a linux variant under the hood there are a lot more programs that run on a mac then you think.