Whats the use of currencies if theres nothing purchasable

I want that shark mount but its never shown in hots only for a certain time. Is there a possibility when game companies are going to plan making currencies be able to purchase other cosmetic in other games that belong to them or nah. i have like 29000 gold and i wish i can transfer that currency over to overwatch :T

I also nearly own every character in hots so yeah…

I’ve only played Hots since 2.0 so I don’t know what 1.0 was like.

However a lot of people seem to point to the changes in 2.0 to do with currency as a reason hots ultimately was deemed unprofitable and put into maintenance mode by blizzard.

My main account isn’t that hogh level about 6-700 and I ran out of things to buy with gold on there.

I’ve made a couple more accounts since probably bought about 10 pounds worth of gems, got a hero pack and a couple of heroes but really you don’t need to spend a single penny on hots…

Which is a good and a bad thing in that free good game is good but then when support is pulled from game because people arnt spending money on it is bad.

To answer your question once you have bought anything you are interested in the cuurency is worthless unless they start working on hots again and releasing new content, which is unlikely.

Yeah not sure since the game is dead for updates why they don’t put everything out, meh w/e

Skins was bought with gold and master skins was the most used. But it had some flaws cause it put the player in a delema on what to spend gold on since both heroes and master skins cost gold.

Hots 2.0 fixed that by skins its own value. But people also got mad because new players joining in 2.0 could get everything unlocked much faster than veterans who spend 100 of hours into grinding gold for skins and heroes. So basically the game cared less for its veteran players while gifting new players with tons of skins that took no time to get.

Sure we got our 150 loot boxes to open but all the 1000 hours of grind will be for nothing when new accounts can now get everything faster.

They did also keep some new skins as gem only. I think about a year later they abandoned that and just made all free.