What's the stupidest thing the devs ever did in HotS?

I think that making dropped players AFK at base was 1 of the stupidest changes. Especially applying it before the loss forgiveness. Even with loss forgiveness it’s still quite stupid, as before you still had some chance to win, even with AI players, but now that chance is drastically reduced, as AI can no longer even soak, or defend lanes.

13 Likes

While I see behind the scenes and understand why they didn’t revert with AI changes when they wrecked it… .that is still probably the stupidest thing they’ve done. Especially as years later it still isn’t up to par in all scenarios. Sometimes, yea. But it still falls short at minimum 80% of the time. :frowning:

4 Likes

Whitemane’s rework.

22 Likes

Neutering diablo chromie and nova.

7 Likes

Adding Orphea and Qhira to the game.

9 Likes

Creating, reworking, and removing

Haunted Mines

22 Likes

Cant decide between adding UD and creating SL.

2 Likes

Keep /fort XP ticks.

Their first iteration of performance based matchmaking (which they fortunately turned off in five days) in 2017.

4 Likes

Completely banjaxing placement matches in the last season of 2017, forcing multiple resets of the ladder, and still having people placed in what felt like random ranks. I am still aggravated over that one. Anyone who says that HotS needs an MMR reset didn’t have to live through that agony.

15 Likes

Introducing multi-class

Nothing good comes out of it.

• It masses up QM MM
  • Varian is a good bruiser. However, he is outclassed by other heroes in tanks and melee assassins.
  • The uncertainty of his class turns out to be his disadvantage for his teammate instead of an advantage on the enemy team. People often don’t need to counter-drafting around Varian. However, when ally Varian doesn’t communicate, people have a hard time drafting around it.

Stupidest, dumbest and most idiotic dedication ever in HotS

8 Likes

2.0 followed by the AFK A.I. ever had a Abba AFK ? … so fun . i feel like reporting the A.I. for sitting at hearth

1 Like

This.

IIRC, that really screwed things up for a while.

2 Likes

Rank decay fixed some of those problems, but the results of those 5 days still mirror into today’s game with a huge number of people being jumped from ranks like Silver 4 to Master or Diamond (but also the opposite, in the other direction) due to absolutely arbitrary and bizarre metrics like EXP soaked.

But thanks to rank decay, these people can no longer hang around Master forever now just by doing placements, then quitting for 3 months. Though they will still retain a very undeserved D5, 0 points forever.

6 Likes

I like a draft mode with low stakes

1 Like

Stealth rework.

9 Likes

Adding Azmodan back into Brawls. Tied pretty closely to removing Sgt Hammer from Brawls after Orbital BFG was reworked.

1 Like

Give leoric 5 lvl 20 choises and many others only 3

I quite liked Multiclass, and it’s sad that we didn’t get more multiclass heroes. Having more of them would’ve fixed some of the QM MM issues.
I’d say that a stupid decision was to introduce A SINGLE multiclass hero.

I wouldn’t call that a conscious decision. Sometimes you have plenty of ideas, and other times you don’t. I’d also like to have more talents in general, but forcing talents just for the sake of filling a quota can be even worse than having a handful of them.

3 Likes

Add True Vision to every struckture in the game rending stealthers useless.

Have fun Aba players while it last. You cant hide behind your forts forever.

2 Likes