What would you pay money for?

So something that I’ve seen come up a lot is that there’s little incentive to spend money on HotS, other than to support the developers. The actual “content” is either spaced out so sparsely that you can earn in game currency for it, or it’s not really worth the asking price.

Assuming there is no other way to get it, what is worth your hard earned money? Do you want alternative game modes like Overwatch 2? Do you want exclusive cosmetics? Should heroes not be purchasable with gold until months or a year after release?

I think blizzard needs to figure out what we want. Then they need to find an attractive price for the majority of players, and lock that something behind real money.

I want a real reason to spend money, and be satisfied with that purchase.

2 Likes

Not some Sleepy Cloudy mount

6 Likes

I’d pay for a Mercy-Whitemane crossover skin.

1 Like

I’d pay money for Blizz to detach itself from Activision and have Trump standing in a corner shouting, “Let’s make GAMING great again!” whenever some shmuck wants to add something stupid to the game.

4 Likes

Literally the only thing I’m willing to buy is story content. That’s the beginning and end of it.

Blizzard makes a single player campaign, I will slap money down for that so fast your head would spin. Other than that, not a single penny.

8 Likes

i would pay for Mercy to become a playable hero in hots. and all of widowmaker skins from overwatch to nova in hots thanks in advance!

3 Likes

Deletion of potatoes in game!?

I’d be money just to hear Truump say that period in any context

1 Like

What if it was a co-op mission but still story oriented?

1 Like

I would gladly pay a monthly subscription like wow in order to play this game, personally.
Of course, there would be an expectation of unlocking all heroes as well, if you were paying a monthly subscription.

1 Like

I’d pay money for a game mode that I’d have to pay money for. Lot less trolls and ppl who just don’t care.

1 Like

I’d probably buy that too.

1 Like

A Sylvanas announcer.

Honestly, more content. I want more heroes and maps to keep me excited and invested in the game! I really love hots and will continue to put money into it (the year long boost is back! :wink:) and if you feel the same then spend a little when you can on the content you like.

1 Like

Ultimate skins. Something that’s a cut above everything else. Like the ones from League, or the T5’s from Smite.

Skins that are only purchasable or from events and you cannot get them from lootboxes.

They would have completely new voicelines, new animations, the skins would evolve from 1 to 20 and progressively look better.

If they started making those, i would be more than happy to give them more money.

2 Likes

-map editor
-Story stuff
-the addition of heroes that have a slim chance of making it otherwise.

I’ve dropped money on heroes in the past, but at the current release rate, it’s pretty difficult for me to justify it now. Combine the release cadence with the fact that not every hero will appeal to you, and it can be a long time before there’s a hero you get excited for.

This is a pretty cool idea

I’d pay money to watch everyone on the forums fight to the death in a battle royal on an island where each user is given a bag with random survival kits and a random weapon.

The last lone survivor is the winner and gets a skin in hots.

Slim Alex
Jihad Tyrael who screams Allahu Akbar when he explodes.

A rock’n roll Racer, the amphibious version

I’m happy with how it is