What heroes would benefit from talents being baseline?

I’d like that talent to be baseline too and bring back the old talent to level one that increased the slow amount for her trait, I loved that talent. If they made Fingers of Frost baseline they would need to adjust the mana return/regen on Jaina’s other talents.

I would also like to see Nazeebo’s Vile Infection be baseline, but weaker. While that talent is at level 20, it will always dominate the pick rates. While they are at it, please remove Fury of the Storm from Naz’s level 20, it’s outdated, or at least make it less generic.

1 Like

Tychus Quarterbck talent for longer grenade range.

1 Like

Sure let’s nerf one of the main things that makes the hero powerful when she’s sitting at 49% winrate already, sounds like a wonderful idea.

LULjin’s quest talent at 1.

1 Like

Or simpler, give convection also some mana preservation capabilities.

For example one of these methods could work:

• Upon hitting 2 heroes in a single firestrike grants kael with 10 permanent mana (infinitely stacking)
  • Each firestrike hit grants 10 max mana (not lost upon death - but still capped at 20 hits)
  • Firestrike hits reduce its mana consumption by 30, upon quest completion increase this to 50 (makes each hit only consume 20). double hit consume no mana

This way its damage vs suvivability.

Fel Infusion should get a more extensive rework on that to me, maybe Twin Sphere’s second charge is rewarded upon a diffirent quest?

3 Likes

Butcher with Chop Meat as baseline.

I like your idea about mana addict and Convection and I made myself an proposal that both talents should be able to collect mana for globes and not only mana addict.

About Fel Infusion I would say they should just merge it together with the 4 talent mana tap and buff it a bit to be more equal to Convection and Mana addict then, because the idea it is in the middle between aggressive (Convection) and defensive (Mana addict) is nice. Maybe give it more utility instead like the devs did with Malfurion’s 1 talents.

Brocoli (damage), Emerald Dream (cc) and the other just widing the range.

Yeah, those ideas are nice. For Fel talents, they could use significant buffs, or be worked into 1 big Fel quest that gives various rewards for Verdant Spheres as the quest progresses (like High King’s Quest on Varian).

Currently I don’t feel comfortable taking his trait build as it seems a bit unserious and ‘bad’.

Yup !
Ive even said , even if the talent were to cut medivh’s HP by half id still go for that talents regardless . Its that much of an impact . ( to me personally :sweat_smile: )

1 Like

I would just seperate the mastery effect and talent effect:

Baseline: Medivh can manually place both Portal locations
Talent: Portal no longer breaks raven form

Yes, this is going to cause an issue in ravenform when medivh is flying over terrain (can place entry, but not the exit), and upon placing the exit he gets knocked out of raven form (as E now already does). But this is consistent.

Even if this talent would then still be too powerful compared to the other talents, the other talents can be much better adjusted: the regen can be made stronger in values, the movement speed can be adjusted (both in overal speed, or by initialy giving a movement speed boost)

2 Likes

I missed your post before I posted mine, I agree that Vile Infection should also be a baseline quest. It would have to be weaker, but it was once a baseline quest before the very long ago rework on the Nazbro we have today.

For me it’s not about good or bad Nazeebo’s but rather having an ability that is a must pick for any competent player at level 20. A Nazeebo player who is bad at stacking still won’t get much benefit from a baseline Vile Infection quest. I would prefer to see a weaker version of VI baseline and have some more interesting level 20’s to pick from.

2 Likes

To be honest I think just giving him a baseline VI isn’t enough since it doesn’t help fix his glaring weakness of having to PvE most of the early and mid game. And it’s not like he has that good of a wave clear.

I think Voodoo Ritual should deal damage to heroes baseline and the VI quest could be like damage heroes with Voodoo Ritual X times or something like that.

3 Likes

I always thought the bleed quest was more mandatory than booming kick. Qhira’s level 16 tier is a bit weird. She gets a strong universal talent like booming kick but also two good tech options that can theoretically offer more value in specific situations. Lingering ailment is good but not great while siphoning link could be better for a 16. Spell armor is nice but how about unstoppable too? A buff like that could make the tier a fair bit more competitive.

This one seems like a no brainer. You need it to make portals work most of the time.

I find it hard to agree on Zera buffs because any little thing could put him way over the top.

You are right that those talents dominate their tiers. I think that’s a lot to give to her at once though. I would like to see some competitive buffs before giving Kerry anything baseline. Although, I do agree that boundless fury would be a nice free talent at 7 and open up her kit a lot.

2 Likes

Fatal Wounds has a between 15% and 20% pickrate in Platnium plus and an abysmal winrate
Carnage takes 60% ish and the remaining is taken by Finishing Touch the AA talent which is similar in pickrate to Fatal Wounds with an actually decent winrate.

Not Many Honestly.

I would say Maybe “Fear the Reaper” on Malthael.

Fear the Reaper

• Cooldown: 25 seconds

Activate to increase Movement Speed by 25% and pass through other units for 4 seconds.

Possibly Hover siege for Hammer. But a lot of people seem to like Graduating range.

The spider mine talent though doesn’t even exist.

Auriel, Swift Sweep.

Swift Sweep

Increases the cast speed of Sacred Sweep by 50%.

For Brightwing, either they need to raise her healing output, or just make Hypershift Baseline. Because no one is going to stop picking that talent anytime soon.

Hyper Shift

Increase Phase Shift’s healing by an additional 8% of the target’s maximum Health. Nearby enemy Minion deaths reduce Phase Shift’s cooldown by 1 second.

1 Like

I think the CDR aspect of Speed of the Pious on Anduin should be moved baseline. As is the synergy it has with Anduin’s many other W talents feels just a little too forced. Naturally this would probably have to come with some base stat nerfs to Divine Star and a new healing effect added to SotP to keep it competitive with the other options.

Liming’s Calamity (reduced damage baseline).

Calamity has too much synergy with her trait not to be baseline. The damage can be brought back up with a talent at level 7 (like falstad’s BOOMerang)

2 Likes

I personally find the bleed quest to be the best level one talent. Finishing touch is okay but maximum effort feels kind of meh. Her Q build is just not strong enough for how much damage she takes.

This one stood out to me too. Malthael needs a little love anyway.

This could be interesting. It always felt weird to me that you had to talent into it. There’s just so much synergy in her talent tree for it too.

I find it rather odd that you are arguing with not only “the qhira guy” but also the actual pick and win rates we have access to which both paint a very different picture then the one you are giving
The full Q build is for diving and bursting mages, the AA build is for tank/frontline busting and duelling, Bleed build is for… I don’t know overwhelming a Morales with AOE I guess.

Arthas’ Eternal Hunger made baseline. Doing so would give him a damage boost, less stress on mana usage, and open up a level 1 talent slot for either a talent geared towards Remorseless Winter (a quest that gradually increases its radius by 15-20% in total for example), a talent for Death Coil, or just another talent for Frostmourne Hungers.

1 Like