Waiting to be put with better people

After winning 10 of 12, i am put with people that literally cannot find any of the objectives on towers of doom. Your matchmaker is a stinking pile of crap if it thinks these people are anywhere near the people i have been with in the last 10-15 games.

2 Likes

You are supposed to “mentor” those 29% win rate potatoes, per developer words.

3 Likes

What a shame you didn’t think to befriend the good people in your 10 wins, so you could continue to queue with them…

1 Like

Check their match history after the match. It’s very enlightening.

How is one supposed to “mentor” people in an online game? People either:

• Ignore you
  • Tell you to smeg off because “no one tells me how to play”
  • Deliberately throw to spite you
  • Some combination of the above
2 Likes

You can’t. That’s the point. This design doesn’t work for HotS or any moba. Even Silver 3 in this game think they know better than GM#1.

Guiding and mentorship can only work in a respectable community, preferably where each participant knows each other (like in a sports setting).

Not with random people online 5000 miles away who will never see you again after that match.

What will happen instead, is the people at 59% forced to babysit and “teach” people with 29% will eventually quit HotS out of frustration.

2 Likes

Premades exist for a reason. Why d’ya figure everyone Smurfs, to play with friends who actually listen.
Solo queue is always and will always be the crappy experience.

I know what you mean. We all were beginners once. Maybe build your own full premade team. Here is a forum “looking for teammates” try that out if you want.

One of my fastest loss in tod came from people from the other side not going to the temple and pushing while i was alone trying to not have our 3 keeps taken.
Sometimes the potatoes only go for the towers.