Waiting for game mode download

Ever since the latest patch when I launch Heroes the play button is grayed out and says “waiting for the game mode download to complete” I tried deleting caches, updating drivers, clearing, renewing, flushing the dns, deleting the variables file to avail. I haven’t had issues with the patches before i.e imperius and balance fixes to an assortment of heroes.

I am having this issue as well. I’m able to load the game itself and read the chat but unable to play any game mode, the bar keeps showing Please Wait (waiting for game mode download to complete). Could someone please tell me what can I do to fix this and be able to play any game mode?

The waiting for game mode message is generally going to indicate that the game either isn’t up to date or is missing files. This tends to end up being a connection issue. Would recommend running a Scan and Repair on the game files. If you have the option, I’d suggest running that while on a different network such as a mobile connection if you have a phone and data plan that supports tethering.

I have this kind of problem too but my main PC is working just fine my other PC don’t. I already use Scan and Repair Option , Reinstall , and Copy the game file from my Main PC to Other. They have the same Spec. and in one Network.

Howdy Cross!

In this case, you would want to look for something at the PC’s level that would block the game. I would recommend the following steps:

• Power Cycle the network’s modem and router. Once everything is back online flush your DNS cache for the system impacted by this issue.

• Temporarily uninstall your Anti-virus or third party firewall software and retest the game. If this works you can reinstall the anti-virus/firewall software then set it up to exclude our software.

Thank you!

“Scan and Repair”. First funky controllers then lag spikes which still happening and now this and that. Why this game constantly give some error, my display name is just perfect fit.

Just start and stop an A.I match , that will fix the issue . Otherwise try the scan .