Voicelines change when changing skins

This one happens all the time: when I change skins in Hero Select on certain heroes, it automatically changes their selected voiceline. I’ve noticed this mainly on Li-Ming, Kel’Thuzad, and Alarak, although I think it has shown up on other heroes as well.

I suspect it has to do with skins that have their voice modified somehow.

Curious.

I’m confused, please be more specific with what you are trying to say in the topic, do you mean like custom voice lines you get from loot chests, or skin specific?

Skin specific are a feature, and always was, examples are:

• (most of) Demonic counterparts for the Angelic Heroes from the Diablo Universe.
  • Jaina has a Dreadlord skin version with its own unique voice lines.
  • Junkrat and Johannas Goblin/Orc skins.
  • et cetera

Ah, I see how that could be confusing, but I wasn’t referring to heroes who have different voicelines for different skins. Like you said, some heroes (Jaina, Leoric, Johanna, etc.) have special skins with skin-specific voicelines, but the heroes I’m talking about (Alarak, Li-Ming, Kel-Thuzad, Nazeebo) don’t have these skins. Instead, they are all heroes who have altered voiceovers for specific skins, as @Planar pointed out above, and when you switch between a regular skin and one of the skins with modified voices (i.e. Dark Alarak, Templar Li-Ming, Diesel Speaker Naz, etc.), the selected base voiceline changes too.

For example: I play Alarak with the ‘Highlord’ skin and the ‘No Challenge?’ voiceline. When I change (only) the skin to be ‘Dark Nexus’ instead, it also changes the voiceline to ‘Serve Me’. When I change back to ‘Highlord’ the voiceline again changes back to ‘No Challenge?’. Similar stuff with the other mentioned heroes.

So the altered voiceovers must be the cause of the bug somehow.

A heads up, in my testing it actually does impact the heroes with skins that have their own voicelines as well!

Well, the most interesting part in my testing is that it reverts to the topmost voice line… only after you go into voice lines.

So I can select, say, “GG” on D.va the Dreamer (with an altered voice over) when I go switch to her default skin, and start the game… no problems the “GG” line is used.

But If I go from D.va the dreameer to regular skin, and click on voicelines in customization… it defaults to her top option… ; )

[going from regular to an altered voice line skin also causes this reset to happen–but only after clicking on “voice overs” for me. If you don’t try to edit voice lines, I do not see it setting it to the top option in my testing].

Known Issues List:

• After setting a loadout with a skin that uses altered or replaced VO, selecting another skin will cause the previous loadout to reset voice line to default.