Voice Chat not working

My voice chat has not worked since the Deckard Cain release. I still haven’t found a fix.

Hello CheeLebba!

First of all, let’s make sure the Battle.net service is able to pick up audio input. In the desktop app, go to Settings > Voice Chat and click Test Microphone to see if your audio input is registering. If not, let’s check some system settings to make sure the microphone is available and being categorized correctly by apps.

Make sure Exclusive Mode is disabled:

1. Right-click the speaker icon in the system tray and select Recording Devices.
  2. Select your device and click Properties.
  3. Select the Advanced Tab.
  4. Uncheck any boxes in the Exclusive Mode section.

Ensure apps are able to utilize the mic:

1. Hit Windows key and type settings.
  2. Go to the Settings app.
  3. Click Privacy.
  4. Under the Microphone category, toggle “Let apps use my microphone” off and then back on.

Change how Windows behaves when it detects communications devices:

1. Hit Windows key and type sound.
  2. Go to the Sound options.
  3. Click the Communications tab.
  4. For the setting “When Windows detects communications activity”, set it to “Do nothing”.

If we have detection of the audio source from the app, but no activity in-game, let’s check firewall port settings. The voice tech we use is sensitive to port availability.

Configuring Router and Firewall Ports

Some special instructions not included in the article…

After selecting the TCP radio button, copy-paste the following line for the Specific Local Port field:

80, 443, 1119

After finishing the TCP rule, make a new rule following the steps, but select UDP instead of TCP. Then, for those Specific Local Ports, copy-paste this:

3478-3479, 5060, 5062, 6250, 12000-64000

Then finish the steps and retry the game!

I have followed these steps in the past and it didn’t work. Strangely enough it does now! Thank you very much. I have been without voice chat for almost a year now.