Use of unacceptable racial slurs in this game

Hello everyone,

This should be my first post on here and unfortunately, not one I would wish to make. I was given (replay) and witnessed a game where a user started to use abusive language to eventually the n-word racial slur. To be honest, I agreed with another use to just report and move on, however I don’t think it’s enough. I have been playing this game for quite some time and know how the report/kick/ban system works. But in this case, something needs to be done.

Below I have attached a couple of screenshots between the interactions of the user and his choice of words (Warning, the use of racial slur is on all images). Is there a way for me to get in contact with a community manager or whoever else next would be in charge? Would I have to open a ticket for this?

Screenshots

https: //i. imgur .com/iq5gWjah.jpg

https: //i. imgur .com/VAqqEP0h.jpg

https: //i. imgur .com/5vmVV2Kh.jpg

Spaces in between

2 Likes

Dumb kid who just needs to get beat up a few times. He says the worst things he can think of because he doesnt know how to control his emotions.

You dont need to contact a “community manager” or talk to whoever is in charge. Quit being a Karen. Stick with your original reaction. Report the kid, toughen up, and move on.

You arent going to fix humanity through blizzard’s community staff.

10 Likes

Mate, i mean, who cares about “n-word” in an online MOBA game. That’s racist to NOT allow them to say it. You can just report them for toxicity, but its not a reason to cry on forums.

3 Likes

Clearly you care about it – that’s why you called it the “n-word” instead of actually saying the word. If it’s acceptable in the game, it’s acceptable here, so go ahead… say it.

I dare you…

6 Likes

Dude, it’s not like they can see my “skin colour”, and i dont want to be banned because of rules created by some humans with very low intelligence.

2 Likes

I would just reported the kid and moved on. No need to keep talking to him or you just s bad as he is.

Why is skin colour in quotes? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Moving on…

Context is everything. I’ll wait for you to catch up to what that means.

3 Likes

Agree with OP. I got called a bad name because i said i agreed with one thing uncle Donald said.
Still waiting for the ban of those thousands of accounts

3 Likes

Please!

Personally I never mute (but I still report) people like that because I find it fun to see how many ways they can try to insult me, or someone else. But if you’re too sensitive to be able to handle it, mute and report. Easy solution.

1 Like

Posting on the forums won’t do anything. All it’ll do is get your post edited/taken down

1 Like

How is asking for something to be done about language that is in clear violation of the ToS, in a game where the report function has little real effect, “being a Karen”?

How?

1 Like

The good thing about switching from ARAM’s to Brawls is that now the reporting system is available. Report him, Mute him, Move on.

The world and the internet are full of idiots and racially insensitive people and being “anonymous” frees them to be who they really are.

Report, Mute, move on.

Because there is no ticket system anymore? Click on support (on top of this page) and see yourself, if you want to report in game issues it tells you to do it in the client.

There is no email or ticket system for it.

(There was 4 years ago but no resources to maintain it)

Because taking it the forum has even less effect. It makes you come off as sensitive and demanding, and only bad things will come of it.

It sucks, but that’s the way it is. If Blizzard banned every foul-mouthed kid who thinks just learned what a slur is and thinks they’re cool and edgy, we’d have a quarter of the population we do now.

And I will also add, you can get banned for language. I’ve been banned for language, three times. And I play QM, so it’s not malicious false reports. It just takes a long time. (Malicious false reports are one of the reasons why it takes so long). Have patience -if the person is a seriel edgelord, they will get what’s coming.

Sadly blizzard doesn’t care, so even if you report nothing will ever happen. In those cases those people should get instant punishment, but oh well.

4 Likes

To address an elephant, did you expect good treatment as a smurf??

But yeah, report and move on. All you can do. You could open a ticket but eh, that’s just the report with more steps.

As said above that’s been impossible for years, there is no possibility to submit tickets anymore. Unless you have some sort of a payment issue with the account.

They redirect you to forum for every single other issue on the Support page now, or tell you to deal with it in game.

Nope blizzard refuses to even address this as aproblem. They do not even review reports and fail to even consider the idea of preventing players from saying such things.

1 Like

They haven’t failed to consider it. Far from it. They thought about it hard enough that they came up with chat filters, mute options for both chat and pings, and built an entire report system. They made the voice chat opt-in specifically because they knew they’d hear complaints from players who didn’t want to listen to other players using this language on voice. They’ve designed a significant part of their social tools specifically to deal with this problem. They thought about it, made some tough decisions and then built in-game tools specifically to implement their solution.

What you’re suggesting that they didn’t do what you want, so they don’t care, or they’re not smart enough to come up with your brilliant solution. I’d suggest taking some time to think from their perspective. Why would they think it was a bad idea to censor and ban their players? Take a few minutes and try and consider a viewpoint other than your own. It might be more helpful than simply reassuring yourself that you’re the smartest person in the room and everyone else is incompetent.

Edit: Yes, I’m being somewhat harsh. I’m doing it because I’m trying to get you to understand that this attitude itself is toxic. Being able to empathize with others and see an issue from other points of view is a critical skill when debating. Blizzard has to design a game that can be enjoyed by millions of people with different backgrounds, nationalities, and social norms. They cannot ever be your personal opinion enforcer.

1 Like

So what are the acceptable racial slurs? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes