Unpopular Opinion: I like Orphea

I’m really glad to know that!

Here is the full interview if you want to watch it (it is weirdly labeled, so not as easy to find)

1 Like

I’m always glad when I see your posts around. ^^

Anyway, I am usually a sucker for lore and I don’t disdain what is going on in the Nexus per se. Just… there are a couple of things that I don’t find right.

1. The lack of a “good side”, it looks like that evil can be only fought with other evil. I’m not saying that Orphea is evil (she is obviously part of the good guys) but that we have the Dark Nexus vs Eldritch Horror magic. It would be nice to see something like… the “Light of the Nexus” or something like this.

2. Really low agency of heroes in the story. Dekard has been the only one who had some sort of impact on the story, and just as a messenger. Uther died (again), Alexstraza was killed and resurrected while Hanzo is nowehere to be seen and Tyrael is taking some tea with Tassadar only the Light’s Justice knows where.

I don’t know if you have any way to pass some feedback on the higher ups but these 2 issues are weighing a lot on my enjoyement of the lore and the game. I can’t play something I don’t feel immersed in.

5 Likes

i like her skins that she is coming out with.

She looks fantastic visually. Kit looks fun. I’m fine with Blizz doing Nexus unique heroes. In fact IMO it shows that they do consider HotS part of the family and not just a trifle about their “real” games.

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I really appreciate you saying so.

Every hero release leaves someone wondering where their hero is, but we strive very hard as developers, to make sure that all the content is compelling whether you’re an SCII players learning about a WoW hero for the first time, or a Heroes player learning about Orphea for the first time.

Every Blizzard character was an OC at some point or another! The capacity to create entirely original content ultimately enables us to broaden horizon of the type of cool kits and content we’re able to create for you.

Either way, like I said - hate her, love her - we’ve got no shortage of more Blizzard history coming your way. If you’ve got a favorite hero in mind, keep in mind that it’s not so much a matter of ‘if’, so much as it is a matter of ‘when’.

Thanks again for your comment, and the remarkably awesome discussion, y’all. <3

–Lana B

15 Likes

I will pass this feedback to the team!

4 Likes

Now if we could just get a Pallytime Announcer…

:wink:

1 Like

I will pass this feedback to the team!

If you are doing so, then I shall add my opinion on this as well:

The lack of a “good side”, it looks like that evil can be only fought with other evil. I’m not saying that Orphea is evil (she is obviously part of the good guys) but that we have the Dark Nexus vs Eldritch Horror magic. It would be nice to see something like… the “Light of the Nexus” or something like this.

I completely disagree. IMO, the aspect of “fighting dark with dark” is totally awesome and original. It would’ve been a huge cliché to put Orphea as a Light magic user when her father is a Dark side user.

4 Likes

I agree with you. I also find it boring to have a defined good side and a defined bad side, I like stories where each side has their own reasonable goals that are only beneficial to them “and their own people/realm”. Then you as a reader/player have to figure out which side appears to you as the lesser evil. But I can also totally understand if people found fighting darkness with darkness boring. It’s a taste thing after all.

But I agree on his second point.

4 Likes

Lana, i think i can accept your passion as the creator ( creators), everyone want to create something his own, its human nature. And im glad if its makes hots team happier, even if i dont want OC character in the game myself.
Everything i ask - more invovment of crossover characters in story, with OC ones, between each other, i mean, they one of the thing which is pulled us in to the game!

P.S. Orphea animation is amasing!

2 Likes

He’s literally the only streamer I watch… and only because of his in game reactions. I’m glad they’re adding Kevin though.

2 Likes

For me
Pros
-Seems to have a fun kit
-Really nice skill animations.
-Interesting play style
Cons
-She’ll probably be over tuned.
-Another high mobility hero?
-Couldn’t care less about who she is
-Too childish for my taste

I’m only excited about how balanced she’ll be. Nothing more nothing less. If I was more into mages I’d be more interested in her.

4 Likes

Too cool to be blue.

I’m happy that the letters are now purple.

<3

I agree. I don’t watch Pally for his stellar gameplay, because lets face it, he would be the first to say he isn’t a “great” player. I watch Pally for his upbeat attitude (even when he is salty he is still upbeat… lol) and his fun reactions to everything.

1 Like

Thank you deeply.

The problem with every hero release is that there is no way to tell how they would perform in game. No matter how much you test play it. The variety of skill in the actual playerbase is a thousand time that of the player testers. Therefore, most of the time, they would release the hero a bit overtuned. Then collect information on which factor need to be changed. That’s easier to do than release them undertuned and look for a way to buff them.

You’re right streamers like notparadox also mentioned it. However I’ve seen 2.5k W damage (I believe) and several around 1.6k which are crazy for a basic ability. If those are possible you don’t need to be a genius to know she’ll be way over tuned in the beginning.

A magical loli creature.

They’re most probably going to make an event of it or something. If ever, they could name the event as “Dawn of the Nexus”.