Unplayable on macos

Hi,

I will add my voice to the mac users which experiences huge freezes and lag. I used to be able to play HOTS on my MBP 2016tb 16GB Radeon Pro 450 2 GB (10.14.5 (18F132)) at maximum details without any lag of any sort. But with time, performance got worst patch after patch.

I played with a friend at my place and we can definitely rule out the network as his laptop didn’t freeze during mine. It seems there is something wrong with the game engine as the game will freeze / lag / disconnect at some point for no reason. It’s like the performance issue trigger micro disconnections so it’s not a GPU / hardware power issue but some code issues introduced by blizzard developers. And lowering details, everything to low doesn’t solve any issue.

Please give advices to send log so we can solve this issue. The latest patch is the worst of all and increase the freezes to mostly anytime there are ennemies heroes on the screen.

Thanks

1 Like

First:
edit your thread to place it in the right forum.
press the edit button.
then where it shows the thread title… right next to that is a drop down box indicating the forum. select “Mac Support”.

then save.

Second:
the next thing you will want to do is provide a good system report for whoever helps you. you can find information on getting your system files here.

then just paste it into your thread and surround it between ``` tags. like this:

```

text here
text here

```

Well I know it’s not the hardware know. I realize the bug comes from some low level networking code in HOTS. As soon as the ping latency drop a little the game starts to freeze and the game is clearly not programmed to handle any networking issues.

The best way to see it is to turn on / off the wifi and see how the game struggles to reconnect: freeze after freeze after freeze including graphic glitches like transparent 3d model and corrupted textures. Pretty crazy.

When I play wired with no network issue, game runs at all high graphics without a frame drop.

1 Like