Unable to Play HotS

I’ve been having issues all day trying to get into a game of HotS. It says that the game modes and the shop are disabled. I’ve searched in previous tickets for solutions, such as disabling the firewall, repairing the game, making sure it’s on the American servers, and even doing a complete fresh install of the game and Battlenet. Nothing has worked and I can’t play the game or access the store.

EDIT: Checking in again for any help. I’ve done at least three clean installs and have even allowed the game access through my firewall. I was hoping with the patch this would have been fixed, but I’m still getting the issue where it is waiting for the game files to install before I play. I can access the store at least, but the option to play any game mode is grayed out. Can anyone help me with this?

Heya Opiyel,

Typicallt these types of errors are related to some connection issues. I typically recommend trying the instructions listed on our troubleshooting page first. Though if it’s still not working after that testing the game on a different network (Neighbor’s wifi if they’re willing, 4G hotspot, etc) might be ideal to verify if this is a computer issue or local network issue.

It’s really absurd that Blizzard allows these updates that only causes the game to have more bugs! These problems with disabled game modes and Waiting for game mode download to complete have been reported for a long time and still no consistent fix. Also this is the best Blizzard game right now and it’s a shame that it doesn’t get the attention it deserves when it comes to support and tech issues.

Have you close the battle.net application and relaunched it?

There are odd bugs with downloading newer patches that are happening.

Switching region may also allow the new patch data (presumably what the issue is) and switching back to regular region should cause no issues. As I understand.

Or am I misunderstanding the issue?