Unable to log onto certain accounts

I get this error that says “Error You were disconnected from Blizzard services” When I try to log on. When I click on the Ok option, I receive a loading screen that states that either my internet connection or Blizzard services may be temporarily unavailable and that it is trying to reconnect.

While I would think this is a patch error or an error on my behalf, it is not. I am able to log onto European servers on the same account. Now, I also have 2 other accounts I hardly play heroes on that are completely able to log in. I have tried everything on the forums like clearing cache, changing my internet output server, getting an ethernet cable, running the scan and fix, and reinstalling the game.

Could you narrow it down to why I cannot play on my main account? I would like to play the account that I have always played so I can buy Deathwing (I saved up for him) and experience this most recent patch adequately.
Was I banned? I did not receive an email or anything.

That’s weird, I havent heard of that happening before.

Hey there Max,

I went ahead and tried refreshing your Heroes of the Storm account in the Americas region. Try logging in to that region again when you get a chance to see if that cleared it up.

I’m not seeing any other issues with the account, so everything looks good from this end. If you are still running into the issue only with the Americas region try deleting the Heroes of the Storm folder in your Documents folder and then test it again.

Hello!

I tried to fix the problem by deleting the document and opening the game. The first time I tried I got the error, and the second time I tried to do the game repair feature on the bnet app, but neither worked. I tried to log onto my account with other computers too, with no avail. I find it strange that my account also is not glitchy when I try to log onto Hearthstone or the other servers. I also have another error where if I try to join the voice chat that I am not auto-joining, I join the channel but am unable to leave it and I am also unable to talk in it, which I receive an error message for.

What else do you think that we could try? I’m more than willing try anything; I am also excited to buy Deathwing.

Thank you for your response!

Hey again,

Sorry to hear that the issue persists. I’m wondering if there may be an issue with the login data that’s cached on your machine. Try this:

Delete the Blizzard cache folder

If that does not work, the other option would be to create a new administrator account in Windows, and then log in with that account to see if you can log into the Americas region from there.

Let us know how that goes. If neither of those help we could possibly try logging into your Battle.net account here at the Blizzard office, just to try and confirm if it is an issue with the account itself. We would have to temporarily reset your password, so let us know if you are OK with us doing that.

I tried both of those suggestions, and neither worked. I think that you guys trying to see if it is an account issue is the best bet. I give you permission to reset my password as well. If need be, putting all of my account information on a newly created email that I would have to make and verify could potentially be something I would be willing to do, since this account was not originally made under my email (though I have access to my guardian’s email) so we would have to discuss that sort of thing through email if you wanted to do that.

I would also like to point out that I have recently receive a confirmation that my account has been locked? I do not know if that is your doing or just for heroes of the storm, but I did recently receive that email.

Thanks again!

The locked account was just a temporary thing from me trying to refresh the account, so it isn’t currently locked.

If you don’t have access to your email that’s on the account then we would need to get that taken care of first before we reset the password. See if you can update the email yourself

If that doesn’t work, you’ll have to submit a ticket to have a Game Master update the email address for you.

Once you have that done just reply back and we can try accessing the account to see if it will let us log in.

So… I changed the email and I was able to log back in. I am unsure of why this anomaly occurred, but I am willing to keep in direct contact to see if you guys can find the source of this error.

Oh wow! Well that is definitely very odd. Glad to hear that changing the email solved the original problem.

It’s possible there was a bug or something that caused this, but tracking down why it happened in the first place would be difficult. Thanks for updating us though!

Best of luck with Deathwing! :smiley: