Ultimate skin reward (Not viable, just want your opinions)

Do you guys collect items at all? I’m at a point where I buy items that I don’t even like for my main heroes, just for the sake of completion, and that got me thinking, what if there was a reward for having every item from a hero? Not including exclusives.
Remember when you would see someone with a “master” skin and you would think, “This guy invested quite some time playing this hero, that’s cool”, I don’t know about you guys but I kinda miss that feeling and although the mastery feature is really nice, it’s kind of obsolete during matches.
On that note, I have come up with an idea for a new item category.
Right now for skins, we have: Base, rare, epic, and legendary, but what if there was a new category called ultimate, which you would unlock after getting X mastery level and every collectable item from a hero. After completing that achievement, you would unlock the ultimate skin for the hero.
What you guys think? I know this will never be implemented because it’s too much development at this point, but would you guys like that at all? Also, if you have any other ideas, viable ones if possible, of how they could reward us collectors for unlocking every single item from a hero without it being too much development, make sure to share, I would love to read your ideas.

1 Like

Well, I think any in-game system that depends on collecting “everything” for one hero would be inherently very odd.

For example, let’s say the hero you got everything for is Jaina, Li Ming, Johanna, or Sonya.
Then they would get more collectibles in the future :stuck_out_tongue:
But you already have the reward for getting “everything”, so it’s harder for other players to get it after, since there are more collectibles now?

Also, the ammount of time you have to devote to get everything varies wildly between heroes.
Some have just a couple skins, some have a lot, and some even have extra emoji sets for some specific skins.

That’s why I think basing it on levels (as is currently with mastery taunts and rings) is a better aproach.

Lastly, a little nitpick:

Why wouldn’t it be called “mythic”? That’s the term used for “more than legendary” in WoW and such, isn’t it? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m not a very big fan of the idea of collecting everything for a hero. Maybe if you had to go out of your way to earn skins, but right now RNG and how many skins released can play a big role in how complete your collection is for any particular hero. It’d definitely lack the wow factor of master skins.

On the other hand, some sort of significant milestone for heroes (like level 100 or 150) would be cool. Or maybe some sort of upgradable skin - it gains more “features” like embedded gems, feathers on the helmet, heavier armour, a cooler looking sword, ect as you reach more and more milestones.

Currently we have 3 rarity: Rare (8 Heroes 2,000 Gold), Epic (4,000 and 7,000 Gold), and Legendary (10,000 Gold and Deathwing as 15,000 Gold), because I can need to answers that Deathwing is high cost gold of any heroes.

I was like that before 2.0
I would buy everything on sale even if it was for heroes I didn’t like.

Then the loot boxes came and it made spending money seem like an even dumber idea than it already was.
ngl I am considered getting Viper Returns bundle. Even at 70% off it’s kinda pricey but I love the look of the badlands tints and it gets me the rest for when I want to change color combos too

This kind of hurt me when the change came along. I had like 4 Mastery skins at the time and seeing each of those 10k gold investments being turned into 3 skin tints of the rare variety was a low blow.

Mastery Skins were a great concept. A lot of them look wonky in the loading screen but most of them were designed to be seen top-down for when you’re actually playing. Like Arthas’s is pretty goofy with the huge pauldrons but in game it comes together really nicely.

Yeah, the shift towards the Mastery taunts and rings seem to be the “that’s that” of dedication rewards.

Personally I’d go with something horribly gaudy or tacky. Something obnoxious to look at so that it’s not something free players would covet too horribly but still something to style on pubs with.
Kind of like the Immortal Leo skin.
Just take one of their best skins and gold the heck out of it.

1 Like

I’d love new achievement skins to replace the old Master skins.

Though back then it was level 20 since that was the maximum. Today that could be level 100. Very hard to reach, but still within the grasp of very dedicated players. It’d glow golden like the Mastery rings.

Would also be nice to have mode-specific mastery tints. Like you play 500 Storm League games, and you unlock a Storm tint for Johanna, ETC or Valla which could be her basic skin with a dark purple or shadowy theme.

I’m thinking recolors only since the team is now working on a limited budget. No new skins needed.

Master skins is the awards to any heroes (until Cassia) reached Level 10, since Heroes 2.0 release master skins and tints were converted into individual skins. Each skin is grouped by its base skin based from one or another.