Tyreal Judgement Rework

So

I just finished the storyline of act2 in Diablo 2 Remastered

In the cinematic Tyreal uses one of his “Wing Tenticles” (Sorry don’t know the name for you lore experts) and grabs the dark wanderer, picks him up, and throws him down.

What if:

Judgement: Grabs the nearest enemy hero, picks them up and slams them to the ground, stunning them for ‘x’ seconds and dealing ‘y’ damage.

Level 20 talents:
If judgement stuns an enemy hero, recast this ability on a different enemy hero. Can only hit each hero once.

Diablo can bang me against a wall and Tyrael can slam me on the ground. I’m down.

13 Likes

Wrath of the Angiris (R)

Mana: 80 Cooldown: 80s

After 0.75 seconds, charge in the target direction, lifting the first enemy Hero hit into the Heavens. While in the air, Imperius can steer the landing location by moving.

After 2 seconds, slam the target into the ground, dealing 375 damage and Stunning them for 1 second.

Imperious says hi

9 Likes

As lore and franshises progress, characters gain/lose abilities. This is no reason for reworks.
That’s why Tyrande is not a NightWarrior in the Nexus. Or Sylvanas the Jailer’s buffed puppet who can 1v1 the Lichking. Nor Anduin is Arthas 2.0.

Judgement should stay. No rework. Enjoy D2.

1 Like

That’s exactly what Imperius’ Wrath of the Angiris does. Also I like Judgement the way it is right now.

2 Likes

Welcome to Angels and Demons WWE

5 Likes

I was thinking something a little more… Intimate :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

This ability is begging for rework much more than JUdgement.

I’m new to this, sooo how do we start. (Giggles shy while looking at you)

2 Likes

Pretty sure this ult is nothing like what I’m describing.

Imperius essentially kidnaps someone and slams them with a stun.

Tyreals tentacle wing would reach out grab and stun in place the closest enemy
Like auriels whip shot in essence

Then at 20 would do this to each enemy one by one as long as they were close.

Anyways I was just having fun with an idea I don’t actually care about anything changing just trying to make an ult sound fun

Not sure how can Judgement not be fun already. It’s so much fun especially at lvl 20 with upgrade when it feels like a base ability CD-wise.

1 Like

Just a personal opinion…
I saw the cinematic and thought it would be fun.

You’re allowed to like the current version

I don’t think players would like the target to be chosen automatically for them.

The other thing is that, Judgement being targetted, Tyrael has to put himself at risk by automatically being stuck to his target, since he can’t miss. It’s the drawback of having a targetted damaging stun. Stunning them at range would leave less counterplay.

1 Like

This seems very fair, I guess I was just more taken back from the cinematic from D2 that I wanted to be able to do what he did in the scene

Well, since the Lvl 20 upgrade is kind of bad. They could have it stun all nearby enemies with his wings in an AoE. The longer range isn’t much af a deal since you can Charge far enough from your team to just get yourself killed.

https://www.heroesprofile.com/Global/Talents/?hero=Tyrael&timeframe_type=minor&timeframe=2.54.2.85894,2.54.2.85576&type=win_rate&game_type=sl&league_tier=master,diamond&mirror=Exclude
It’s the most popular lvl 20 with the second highest winrate.

1 Like

This seems to be a change for the sake of change, rather than to address any actual issues in his kit.

And regarding the level 20 upgrade, I take it for the CDR, not the range.

Yes, and most of Tyrael’s Lvl 20 options are lackluster. So everyone just upgrades their Heroic choice.

But I find it interesting that Angel of justice has a 60%+ winrate, while Judgement has slightly under 50% (Minimum hero level 10, excluding Wood and Bronze) This is the case with both ults.

Yeah that’s what I was implying. Ppl care about making it 30 sec. cd, not the range increase.

Why use that filter? :thinking:

I never had much interest in the stats of people who don’t know what they’re doing and are likely picking talents randomly.

Also, with all the trolls and afks there, Bronze has too much variance for my liking.

1 Like