Two Charges of Sweeping Strike

Isnt the pre of sweeping strikes the fact it lets you sweep over terrain?

I don’t see folk mentioning it here so I wonder what people think of removing that and handing over the second charge for free.

1 Like

Illidan is one of those heroes that needs to be regulated constantly, however with the recent removal of one of his best partner’s abilities’ aka tassbubbles, maybe he can be due for a minor buff somewhere; the issue is moreso that he can shut out the right teamcomps from games entirely with his base kit alone if left unchecked or he can be completely hardcountered into uselessness which is not fun when polarized.

That sounds like it would be more of a nerf than a buff. Increased cooldown would hurt Illidan far more than a 2d charge would help him, as that makes it so much harder to keep the reset train going.

But you already mostly use Dive for the good chasing, and that has a 6 second cooldown.
Plus it’d open up more escape/engage options.

This. Wouldn’t cry if Friend or Foe was baseline. Would make him a lot more viable outside super niche comps or needing to be buffed by someone like Abathur.

Extra range as a talent, probably buffed a bit, would be still viable talent I think.
Not being able to Q ally baseline is so weird tbh.

1 Like

Illi doesn’t need a second W imo, his cooldown reduction is good enough to help stick to targets. If he has two charges baseline, then it would be much more difficult for heroes with no escapes to get away, and you’d have basically made a second tracer but with more lifesteal.

By that logic having to take a talent to do the same with Varian is also weird?

Also underestimating the talent that lets you pass terrain with two baseline charges of SS.

True, but you also want constant sweeping strikes for the aa buff, even when you don’t strictly need the mobility. Increasing the cooldown would make it far harder to actually maintain the cycle of W’s any time you’re not instantly using your W to escape. I get how a 2d charge would be useful (I even take Unbound), I just don’t think I’d want to trade a cooldown increase for it.

Calling 2nd Sweeping Strike just “useful” is quite honestly a understatement. 2nd charge might as well completely break Battered Assault, so there is a lot of potential collateral damage.

Tassadar is no more. Time to get a 20%hp shield when using dive to make up for that like tracer!!!

2 Likes

Yeah yeah,
It’s time for an abathur rework too. Abathur could area dmg, so let’s give baseline immolation to illidan.

Armored assault at 13

Rework abathur to give him murky’s stacking slimes on AA and butcher’s brand so that he finally get his slapathur build of doom!!!

1 Like

Why make it a talent at 13 when it can be baseline at 0? Give it to butcher too !!

Because it’s also only at level 13 for tracer?
Like, if they’d replace adrin with something for abby I’d consider it, because that’s too silly of an early game boost to have tbh

This is what I want, for heroes to be scared of me knowing I’m coming for them and they cant escape from me unless they get behind a wall.

Mind you, Illidan’s AA damage is buffed by a lot compared to what it was when he had 2 Charges of Sweeping Strike. The early +40 damage from Lvl 1 Unending Hatred and aswell as an instant 5 stacks on lvl 16 Blades of Azzinoth (which its damage was also increased).

And this buff to his AA damage was what people complained about then, everyone said his damage felt weak. But that was because they never took the Lvl 1 talent Seasoned Marksman and got it to high stacks.

If his AA damage can be reduced 2 charges of Sweeping Strike will be more in line. What its really going to do is allow him greater maneuverability in combat and allow his prey to not escape. As well as allow him to escape from hyper mobile heroes like Tracer.

this. cmon blizz, illidan needs reparations.

You mean the potential to wear an Aba hat? lol.

1 Like

you don’t need an aba to destroy with Illidan, aba just makes it even better

1 Like