Tracer is litterally unfair to play against

Tracer’s only way to reveal stealthed heroes is with pulse bomb, even going stealth at 1 on sgt hammer would be amazing for you fighting tracer, thats just tip for ya

I used to think Tracer countered my Azmodan and would get very frustrated when fighting her

Then I realized I can beat her out of lane with my auto attacks

She’s that squishy. If you’re a ranged attacker, you can probably beat her with your regular auto attacks

1 Like

Well Snowbawlzz Azmodan have tank worth of HP + considerate dmg - Auriel with 70% of Azmodan HP and DMG can’t do it same as any mage.

Mages are mages, I’m talking people that have decent AA

Ming with Calamity (7) +Diamondshield (16) destroys Tracer.

2 Likes

When ming goes glass cannon non-E build vs greymane/tracer, you know you’re gonna have a tough game. Srsly what’s up with all these mings going ball glass build into divers? Just yesterday played not 1, but 2 games of zeratul vs glass ming (wanna guess how long ming lived after lvl20?)…
Tracer is as squishy as glass ming though, so I really would not want to play tracer into zeratul, ever (well ok, maybe with hat and uther as heal).

3 Likes

What’s with the common misconception that Tracer has the lowest hp in the game. Hanzo, Nova, Li-Ming, and Probius all have lower health pools than her. (That’s not counting Eric, Baelog, Abathur and Murky as well). For reference Valla only has 10hp more than her as well.

Considering she gets baseline lifesteal and a very strong defensive talent as early as level 4, I would say her effective HP is pretty good actually. The whole “just AA her” isn’t really enough to scare after the rework (due to sustain) unless you’re actually an AA hero.

As long as she manage to hit her with skillshots. And if we talk about same skillcap won’t happen.

You forgot about D.va Pilot

E isn’t really hard to hit, if you’re in melee range, because Tracer is diving you…

I agree … but with single not all … and single is literally worth of 0,4 sec of Tracer attack + I doubt tracer would be point blank since it also means much easier to juke her into towers/minions/your team

Isn’t Azmodan a mage?

2 Likes

He is ranged assasin with health poll of tank. That is why he can out damage Tracer.

Most assassins out damage Tracer. KT’s living bomb deals more damage than Pulse Bomb. And he can throw two of them in less then a second.

hello there wise one, i’ve been playing hots for approx 4 years and just now started wandering the forums. Someguy tried to check my profile but that site litterally just doesent show my whole career which is strange tbh anyways thanks for your answers everyone, i just have to say that i dont really agree with the people calling tracer “trash” she s easily a strong pick if not overpowered, ill try to counter her better. Thanks everyone!

2 Likes

Apologies. I’ve seen a LOT of people come in to make a single topic, then never actually having a discussion.

Tracer is not Trash. She’s just hard to fit into a comp because she has so many counters. It wasn’t always that way, but hero releases and reworks indirectly made her weaker (as did all the nerfs to her AA)

One good thing is that the recent Raynor rework made him less dangerous to Tracer than he used to be. I took a trait hit from him yesterday and was like “Wait, shouldn’t this hurt me more?

But usually, if you’re laning and you don’t go more than halfway past the lane, or you don’t lane at low health, you’re ok. And the best way to deal with Tracer is to damager her.

2 Likes

Tracer after all the nerfs and reworks makes her a challenging hero to play. I may main as Tracer, but I am far from good. However, if you focus on trying to get the MVP (by that I mean try to stay alive for as long as you can) you can do well.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/tracerneedsabuff

As for being a dive hero, it’s hard for me as the health pool is very low, so I have to play safer. Her damage output over time has been reduced to the point that you can barely kill anyone and hope the rest of your team can help finish the enemy off.

As much as I think she needs a buff. She’s still the most fun hero to play for me. However, she’s practically useless in Ranked mode past Silver the way I play her.

1 Like

That’s the problem with Tracer. She has the best mobility in the game with blinks and attacking while moving, you can’t make her stronger without making her oppressive. Same with Genji.

4 Likes

Exactly why Abathur breaks this hero beyond belief.
Tracer on her own is pretty viable, but not crazy good. Pair her with an Abathur and it’s just not a fun time for anybody involved in the enemy team.

I disagree. Sure Aba+Tracer are great together, but I wouldn’t say it’s broken. Tracer has still the same weakness she would have without a Aba. Silence or CC. That’s why the best hero against Tracer is tank Varian or Valeera.

If you can have good cc against Tracer and some good pushers, you have countered them.
Aba can’t hold his lane solo and Tracer without 16 talents will struggle too.

1 Like

Many who say this think of Tracer/Ab in a QM setting where their team happens to lack the tools to deal with it. I’m not denying Tracer/Ab are strong, or many heroes with Ab like Illidan can also be strong. Usually in draft you can draft around their strength though.

1 Like