Too many zombies. game is unplayable

Don’t lose your mind over no one talking. It happens every game. A single person communicating is more than enough to have a team that performs better.
If you’re the only one making calls, that’s no problem if they don’t answer. In every game I play, I’m the only one typing and pinging. It does make my team play better though, so I won’t complain. Don’t ask questions. People don’t want to type. Give information. That’s enough. If you type “help top” with triple ping, they get the idea, and they’ll go top sometimes. Elaborate if you see them not moving: “help top camp push we lose tower” with another 3 pings.
Don’t ask who wants to do what. The only question I ask in the game is not even a question but an information: “who top? Sonya?”. They get it. It means Sonya, get top and do the job.

Also, I found that a “glhf everyone” at the start of the game allows to have much better experiences. It’s probably the only time your team will answer you (if they do, which is not a given). It’s also the moment I measure if the team will listen to me or not. If they don’t answer, it’s usually fine. If they insult in return, it means the game’s gonna be bad, so do whatever doesn’t make you banned. If they all answer, it can mean you’ll have a responsive team, which is always the best. Sometimes you even find someone to make the calls instead of you. Incredible.

For those people who are passive aggressive, flaming, or plain trolling, just mute them or troll them. Either is fine.

1 Like

That’s never a problem vs. AI mode. I mostly play solo vs. the AI but even when I play Co-Op vs. the AI nobody is forcing you to talk. Everybody plays to win and is quite helpful. Mostly see people typing a GG at the end.

I may try out ranked play once I set up my new PC. I actually have some new parts in a box unopened right now. I don’t know if I’m going to play Diablo IV after all. It looks like the Diablo II Resurrected may tickle my fancy instead. I’ll just play DIablo II Resurrected and Heroes of the Storm on my new PC.

At the moment I’m still using a 2014 laptop running on its last legs. With a fan that’s broken down. I may get a couple more months out of this thing. I’m slowly getting the new PC parts though.

I live in Houston, Texas by the way. I’m just thankful to have some safe drinking water right now. I could not play much last week with no electricity. When my power went down last Monday I was in the middle of a vs. AI match with Cassia. I tried to sneak in one last match before the 100-year Texas winter storm defeated me. It was an unbelievable experience. I never want to go through that again!

When my power came back I noticed every hero was free to play. Thank you, Activision Blizzard! Always appreciated when we can receive some free content. I don’t mind spending my money on this game. But I’ll be limited for the next month as I get back on my feet. Thankfully all heroes are free to play! Woohoo! I’m just loving Orphea and Sgt. Hammer right now! They’re so so good.

1. People are affraid to talk in this game because they dont know if they got some report tricker happy trolls on thier team.

2. Most people has nothing usefull to say in chat other then flaming so people ignore you.

3. Some people just want to play this game without they have to listen to a stranger who tells them what to do or how to play his hero.

Nowadays games are just like that. Even in ranked if you ask people in chat about a hero you should ban or pick then you are greeded with total radio silence from all of them because they just want the game to start and dont want to spend time chatting with someone they wave goodbye to 18 min later and never see again.

People just dont want to talk to others anymore as they used to some years ago or maybe this is just a low league thing since i see a lot of people talk in Fan’s games when he play in GM league.

There they talk to eachother. Meanwhile in low leagues if someone dare to talk you get reported or trash talked on

12 Likes

Those people all know each other. Many of them are friends. Some played together on the same tournament teams despite competing solo in SL.

It’s like a civilized social club completely detached from the rest of SL. Being toxic there would be pure self sabotage as everyone knows each other, nobody is going to invite that player to tourneys or parties anymore.

And since there is only a limited number of GM’s, it’s not like they can magically just form their own party if other grand masters get wind of their toxicity. They need to get along with other GM’s or be forever alone.

1 Like

Don’t insult Arthas like that

I’m guessing other then the one guy who said “Finally” the others have their chat muted so they see nothing to respond to. Just use pings I guess. :smile:

This game is very simple. you premade or lose. Game is too screwed up and players are too toxic to do otherwise. The more ways you can remove the chances they will be on your team, the better the odds they will be on the other team and thus free win. I know its terrible but well yeah.

1 Like

Hence why so many players premade these days. Cause the game is filled to the brim with trolls and feeders/afk players that like to ruin the game for others players that want to win.

1 Like

I have chat off for a series of reasons. Draft chat is on (and mandatory) of course.
I use pings to communicate intentions and warnings.

Yes, you jerk.

They were just getting to the best part of the song!

1 Like

It’s not even about winning. If my team is trying, but still lose, I have no problem with that. So many people are playing simply to troll, or find mashing buttons and feeding as much as possible to be “fun”. Simply not trying at all, I don’t find those feeder games at all fun.

The report system is terrible. I always turn off chat if I’m matched with four premades, you just know if things go wrong they will report and blame the random even if they are the main reason for the loss.

4 Likes

You can thank lazy devs (auto silences) and Cancel Culture and Professional Victims for the state of current online communications.

1 Like

I stopped typing in game long ago, because of the “chat ban” and “storm league ban”. Not because I am toxic, but because even saying anything allows you to be reported.

1 Like

It was confirmed on Reddit, you can still be reported for “chat abuse” for using pings. That particular person had the punishment overturned, but most people wouldn’t even challenge it.

1 Like

This is the reason I play Vs AI only.
I have other reasons but I can imagine those people can’t even speak English.
(My native language is Spanish BTW)

the problem with writing in chat is u can get problem just by saying anything, or u lose time chatting and can get u kiled, better use ingame pings

You ever wonder what makes you need these people to talk?

Like how sensitive are you? How pre-tapped are you before you even play?

If you don’t talk to me I’ll fkin REEEEE this is my game you are my pawns and I’m taking it seriousreeeeeee!!!

That’s a depressing solution though since there is no actual challenge playing against bots.

Reeling. Been hot years since I seen’t an Evanescence name drop.

Anyway yeah, I usually give up if I’m just quipping into the void. My experience is people either do or don’t know what to do; I think the last time I managed to talk people out of a lose and into a win using actual chat was 2009; I was astride two newbies in a game of City of Tempest, an arcade MOBA in Starcraft II. I knew we’d lose a direct fight, so I needed to create circumstances that made my hero flourish; I thus engaged twenty or so minutes of decisive tactician work, telling those faithful fighters where to move and when, what their goals were and where I’d be and where we needed enemies. And that was honestly the last time people listened to me in a MOBA.

My point is, I think you’ll know by like the first three to five minutes, if your team is interested at all in communicating-- and chances are in my experience that if they can do that, they know what to do and what’s probably at hand is a comp issue or else something like a bot on our team.

TLDR: if you get silence, return the favour.

AI Bots dont usually cheat but they cause enough ruckus against me when I get the “Win 3 games” quest that they make me loose sometimes or they force me to ping my teammate bots so I have my team following me to push or sometimes I just have to think of some sort of desperate strategy to win. That makes me wonder if bots do cheat sometimes. (reminds me of DVa’s dialoge when killed, she calls them cheaters). Bots seem dumb and “hardly a challenge” until you play with them for many many hours as I do and they surprise you with a dumb suicide move that later ends up with the whole enemy team acting coordinated and your team acting in complete disarray (ironical how the AI acts dumb at first just to become pasive agressive when you take advantage of it to kill one of their teammates in first blood. One day Lunara came with such crazy suicidal insanity attacks. She died but I died from her poison as well.) . When this happens, it becomes almost impossible to win when using a healer hero (Play as a healer hero quest) as those are usually useless at doing anything else than healing (Lt. Morales is helpless) or they can heal the whole team but they can’t heal themselves in a direct way! (Alextrassa and Ana can only heal themselves in a certain special way, not directly, Lt. Morales needs to use a talent to have a special moebious reactor skill, etc.). It is almost as if they had coded the quests and the AI bots to make sure you do get at least some percentage of loosing but you could still win most of the times which is actually not bad.