There might be no hero teaser, and that is fine

Many people have speculated that we should have gotten a hero teaser by now following the release schedule. In regards to that I always tell others to not grab the pitchforks just yet since the month is not over.

I still standby that however I will admit not getting a hero teaser this month is a real possibility.

But you know what? That is perfectly fine.

Because instead we got a lot of changes to the base game which did took me by surprise. I was not expecting five hero reworks. I feel this arguably more important to the game than a brand new hero.

I generally feel that it is better to improve what have than make new content. As well as some others I have spoken with. Which seems to be the direction the team is going in.

Whether you feel these changes did in fact delay the next hero is up to you. Yet if comes between improving the base game or getting a new hero, I feel the former is always better.

Yes we will unfortunately have to wait longer, but I like to think better things come the longer you wait.

9 Likes

I don’t think we’re going to get any heroes this year (jinx it)

I’m honestly more disappointed they left more struggling heroes in the dust. Don’t get me wrong, the reworks for the previous 5 have been really great (if not slightly problematic) especially with the latest balance patch fine tuning their power more. Not to mention we got a new balancing mechanic (unlock talents at a certain level) and 3 tanks slightly modernized and revamped. However I do feel like there are more “deserving” Heroes for a rework. You know, like Nazeebo, Zagara, Probius, and Nova.

Oh well, you take what you can get anyway. Still happy we get patch notes.

6 Likes

I agree with SigylVanz. It’s either that (0) or 1 at the maximum. People who still hope for the full 4 hero cycle to happen each year are unfortunately dreaming at this point. There isn’t enough money and developers behind that.

A new map would be really refreshing too, though. Maybe too much to ask.

I do have a teensy tiny little thing to ask for though if any dev still reads Gen discussion… Could Raynor’s Execute Orders please be actually disabled from ARAM and not just in patch notes :smiley:

4 Likes

We are not getting a new hero before next season, and that’s in late September.

TBH I am actually happy with one hero a year, two is a nice bonus for me. Four heroes a year is sadly very unlucky.

Though maybe two heroes instead four is a blessing in disguise, to some degree.

1 Like

People doing mental gymnastics to justify 1 hero a year is strangely amusing.

3 Likes

Would you prefer people grabbing pitchforks and riots instead?

I just want a two-lane Warcraft map so we’ll have each of two- and three-lanes from each of the four universes.

1 Like

We have 90 frakin’ characters in this game!

We DO NOT NEED any more. And yes, i’m speaking for the remainder of this game’s lifespan. We don’t need anyone else. I’d much rather them give us more stages, costumes, etc.

It would be at least a good idea, because this methods works against Activision Blizzard. Big companys don’t like big sh-tstorms.

Why wouldn’t we do not need anymore? I welcome new heroes or maps, but I accept that the development process is slow that it’s hardly justified to get that amount of content to what we’re used to.

4 Likes

Indeed, though I am more concerned about it being directed to the dev team as oppose to Activision.

Even though I would not mind friendly protesting Activision’s recent endeavors.

1 Like

Well if we’re talking about need, we don’t need more maps or skins either.

But that’s the way mobas work - continuously adding new characters, new skins and in this game’s case, new maps. Speaking of which, heroes of the storm is unique in that its characters have far more weight than other mobas due to the worldbuilding, overall lore and history blizz games have with players.

I’d say adding more heroes carries more significance for this game than others…and that’s ignoring the fact that this game’s count is lower than other mobas (which still push out characters)

3 Likes

More maps, costumes, etc. Would spice up the game a lot more than adding another character 90% of the players won’t touch. Enough already. They should just focus on making what they have good/better.

Maps I can see that being true for. However, maps can also be problematic for other reasons like having too many/difficulty learning them, the map being boring/bland (a common complain when they revamped GoT) or requiring too many resources to make (art is the bottleneck iirc) or maintain.

Consider that heroes change metas (even after follow-up balance patches) and add more diversity to the game. Sure, not every hero is going to be a massive force of change, but not every hero is a probius either.

Cosmetics don’t even affect gameplay and are often character-exclusive anyways, so that’s going to be a hard disagree from me.

1 Like

You have 90 characters. 90! How much more “Diversity” do you need? Enough already.

I could say the same about maps and cosmetics too. Especially since other mobas literally have one map to play on. We are beyond spoiled for map diversity.

2 Likes

I’m assuming by “costumes” you mean skins, and because you highlighted that word, I’m also assuming you think it’s more important.

But…

Why would a cosmetic change for a hero “90% of the players won’t touch” spice up the game more than a new hero “90% of the players won’t touch”.

That logic doesn’t work for me, somehow (is any of my assumptions wrong?)

Also, like Xoxin said

Since HotS works with pre-established characters, there’s a difference with other MOBAs: one might not just want new heroes to have more, but because of which character it is.

For example, I don’t really care if we never go past 100 heroes (which is still fewer than other big MOBAs), but I would feel the game is still “lacking” if we don’t get some really big names, like Grom or Baal.
I would feel to me like if a Dragon Ball Z game had Raditz, Vegeta, Cell, and Buu as playable “bad guys”, but decided to omit Freeza entirely :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Because it would be fun and neat. Fun? That’s what games are supposed to be, remember? In that skins thread, there were quite a few fun suggestions too.

So new skins/costumes, new stages, and the usual patch-ups. But we DO NOT need any more frakin’ characters.