There is no description when you hover over 5000 gold for mastery ring

When you hover over 5000 gold for Mastery Ring, there is no description what is this 5000 all about. Just pay 5000 gold.
It shows detailed information only if you cannot buy Mastery Ring (because your hero is lvl 8, for example).

1 Like

(Reposted from Turn mastery rings off?)

Please make this filth disablable. I don’t understand, has Blizzard hired student designers or something?

Just think about this. Under a hero appears a YELLOW ring, which is BLINKING every two seconds. Do you think it will distract you from the battle? The answer to this question from a student designer is: oh, cool, it’s blinking! The answer of a good designer: yes, of course it will distract you from the battle - how did you come up with the idea of adding this to the game?

The update in which the ring was added was released on October 15. And on October 16th, out of curiosity, I pressed the button to buy a ring for one of my favorite characters. Oh, it’s a pity I didn’t read in the chat about its effect…

Almost immediately after buying it, I messaged to the tech support with the request to cancel my purchase. I justified my request by the fact that at no stage of the purchase the effect of this ring was specified:

1. There was no text on the button that said that there would be an ugly outline under the hero.
  2. There was no hint of this when I hovered mouse cursor on the button.
  3. There was no indication in the payment confirmation window that the ugly stroke would appear.
  4. After clicking on the “Pay” button, there was also no message “Now there is a ugly outline under your hero”.

But as usual, tech support replied that it knew nothing, couldn’t do anything. Even when I quoted their own words:
“”""""""""""""""""
Customer Support cannot refund purchases in Heroes of the Storm, as the game is designed to prevent mistakes of this type. We highly recommend you use the “Try Now” button before making a purchase to try a product before you buy it. Heroes of the Storm Refund Policy - Blizzard Support
“”""""""""""""""""
, and when I said the game didn’t provide any information about the deal in advance, there was no “Try Now” button, there was no any image of this outline, and because of this they should cancel the purchase, they said that that’s NOT THE POINT OF THE TEXT. I mean, they said I misunderstood (they wrote what they mean by it is that the game protects against mistakes by accidentally pressing a button or something like that).

The point is, I thought this new feature ring would do one of things: it either adds XP to the hero, or it adds rank points. That’s why I pressed it.

But instead of that, now there’s a permanent visual effect that I don’t need, which doesn’t fit in with skins (and mounts, and the ground, and the map, and anything else), and which distracts from the battle.

Blizzard, I didn’t ask you to sell me a curse undercover. Please turn it off.

Overreacting, rings are barely noticable, but agree, there should be option to disable ring for every specific hero.

1 Like

Overreacting, rings are barely noticable, but agree, there should be option to disable ring for every specific hero.

I don’t know how you can call a yellow flashing ring barely noticeable…

Out of curiosity to see what it even was (if only I’d just browsed the 'net for some pics, instead of purchasing), I bought a ring for Sgt. Hammer, it was indeed barely visible beneath the character because of the size of her tank. XD So, upon realizing that the ring’s only purpose is visual flare, which no one can even see… I instantly regretted the purchase and having 5000 less gold.

Mastery ring is just a gold sink- a pretty lame one, at that. The game’s UI sure didn’t indicate anything about what it was/is, though, certainly not a preview.

1 Like

lol its true, hammers fat model completely blocks the mastery ring. wouldnt be surprised if azmos does too