The thread for Good Times, Great Plays, Happy HOTs

I just got my butt kicked as Medivh for 20 minutes and then made the single greatest play I’ve ever made in this game. I was so excited, I wanted to post it.

Post positive plays, vibes, etc. in this thread!

19 Likes

This. Is. Perfect!

4 Likes

Awesome job!

I had a similar (but very different) experience just recently. The game was neck and neck, temples shooting at keeps for both teams. Enemy Li Ming and Junkrat were having a total field day, very safe behind Chen and Azmo. I was on chasing duty, keeping them honest with Artanis. It was around level 16-ish when the team decided to invade their siege mercs. I was capping the point when the panda jumped. What followed next was the most frantic battle over the cap point ever. Li Ming throwing bombs, Junkrat bomb shot me away, but I switched back on a baby panda. I put the death lazer on Li Ming so she couldn’t disintegrate me. More Li Ming damage, my allies closed in. I just kept swinging at the pandas, hoping the shields would hold. Baby pandas ended, only Chen chugging at his drink now. I just kept swinging, it was a battle of shields as enemy hydralisk and roaches are beating at me. My health continues to fall. My shield barely procs exactly when the Azmodan globe hits me, around 200 hp, but still swinging. Suddenly - relief. I start hearing the glorious sounds of the enemy death chimes. The panda realises he is the last one within 3 screens of him and makes a desperate attempt to finish me. He re-positioned to kite me, giving me the cap. It nearly worked. He uses the keg + fire combo to drop my shield, now the dot will kill me - unless I have the regen globe from the siege cap! It tides me over until the next shield proc and I just shake my head in disbelief.

From there, we cap boss and push through for the win.

8 Likes

It was more of a lucky coincidence than a planned great play, but I was on a Cursed Hollow playing Brightwing. We had just taken a tribute that took us to 2/3, and started on the enemy boss (bottom lane). In the top lane, their Sgt Hammer started sieging away on our keep wall, and our Junkrat headed over to start harassing her. Her AA range made it so he couldn’t get close enough to use his mines to displace her, all he could do was poke with his Q. They were slowly whittling each other down, and she was winning due to his low health pool.

Once it was clear we were going to cap the boss easily, I phase shifted up to help Junkrat, just as the enemy Hammer decided she had had enough, and he was low enough for her to murder. She Z’d over to where he had been hiding and poking, just as I came in and healed him. This also took her directly over where he had a trap and mine laid, so together we exploded her instantly.

Good times.

4 Likes

I just make montages that have a lot of good-to-badass clips, but this one is singled out because it’s god-tier, even for my better montages, but also because it was recorded after my second Cassia video.

5 Likes

I had a really fun TL game this morning, we fought so hard to protect out 1% core. The problem was the enemy team would split up and try to sneak and hit it once they saw us looking for them. We could never get a full 5 man wipe on them cause they would stagger and as soon as we tried to make a move to find and kill them or go to their core someone else would be going to our core. It was a big game of chess mixed with hide and seek! Since our core was at 1 hp dying and staggering for us was intsa doom :rofl: we had to be very careful and couldn’t split as good limiting us to have one clear the catapult in the open lane and being a look out for that lane. We lost trying to make a big play on their core but I still loved it :heavy_heart_exclamation:

4 Likes

Not exactly a good time, well for them.

Basically I had this game where our core survived at 1%, if D.Va was with them after that team wipe they would have won, but nope we gotta clear out those catapults that have 50% away from reaching the core even though the other teammates spawned already to defend a 100% core.

This legit made me so frustrated and happy at the same time, frustrated because of such a stupid mistake that it’s literally a game ending moment if that D.Va went with them, exciting because our core survived this bombardment and had a sick come back afterwards.

2 Likes

ez extra sub…? maybe

1 Like

I just send my replays to the hots highlights channels. So far 9 clips have been used. Pretty sweet ^___^

I’ll just link the latest one. Or ones. Two of em in one video.

WP and funny moments 180

2:13 and 4:44.

I don’t really have the tools or even the know-how of which tools I would need to create videos out of replays. Really should look into it a bit. I have a lot of Chromie plays just lying around, gathering electronic dust…

6 Likes

I got Genji a year ago, I leveled him up to 5, and I was horrible. Put him on the shelf for a long time. I just picked him up again this week, and I’m so much better! I’m leading my team in kills, and my team is winning. I’m still not the Genji master who leads his team in hero damage - but at least I’m finishing and not feeding.

Anyway, feels good to mark progress in this way. I’m better in at least some things.

1 Like

2015…rofl, that’s basically it. Well, it was fun to think of for a second hahaha, GG

Considering the amount of nerfs he got over the year, that’s really impressive, I still suck hard with him.

1 Like

All these years of gaming, I’ve never seen NPC threads about “only positive comments.” Seriously blows my mind what is happening to gamers.

2 Likes

And until one day ago, it was.

I simply don’t understand why every thread on this forum must be full of constant criticism and negativity– even to the point where positive threads must be derailed and infected with the same.

This isn’t some thread of happy denial, where people repeat choruses of “Everything is fine” with blank faces and staring eyes while the game decays around them. It isn’t about the wilful censorship of bad news. It’s about great plays, and success. It isn’t about negativity and criticism. There is a place for constructive criticism on these forums, yet that is not the purpose of this thread.

But of course, in this forum, there is no space for happy things, or anything that isn’t the righteous denunciation of Blizzard, their games, their policies, and their decisions.

It’s as if a large portion of forums posters suddenly decided that because they’re not happy with the game, nobody else can be happy too. The thing wrong with these gamers, they think, is that they aren’t angry enough. If they were, they wouldn’t be wasting their time on frivolous threads like this, and would be out spending every waking minute of their lives vigorously denouncing Blizzard like the rest of us upstanding gamers.

Now, to return to the purpose of this thread:

There was one game a long while ago in which I was playing with a friend as Cho’Gall. It was on Cursed Hollow, and we had almost no health. There was one enemy player, also low on health, taking a tribute. He thought he had chased us away. I hung back, then rolled the mine at him. My friend detonated it with perfect timing, killing the enemy player and sending them cartwheeling away– allowing us to claim the tribute in their stead. I’ll always remember that as one of my (well, our) great plays.

5 Likes

Had a very stressful but fun game with a toxic player who said we had no chance to win because we had a Gazlowe player. So as Arthus he would just walk into enemy towers die and repeat while swearing and ping spamming constantly.

We managed to get to level 16 and he was screaming “I just want this to end”, but we kept going, with him feeding. We captured the level 20 punisher, and pushed to the core while he was dead for the 16th time and won.

7 Likes

Ahahaha that’s amazing, mind sharing the replay?

1 Like

Junkrat/ChoGall/Whitemane/Malganis
vs
Kerrigan/Guldan/Mephisto/Johanna/Ana (me)

Mephisto afk and dropped after few deaths. We got our asses handed to us but managed to wipe them on their side of map (we had 2 keeps left) and rushed core :smiley:

4 Likes

Last night, I decided to solo queue for TL, just because (yeah, I know, weekend and all that). The draft starts normally, typical bans and all, when we notice that one of our team is hovering TLV. The map is Infernal Shrines, so it isn’t a bad map for them, but as everyone knows, there is a world of difference between a good TLV and a … not so good one. Checking this person’s profile, they are account level 11. Yes, 11.

Our banhat types in Draft Chat, “Any chance you would reconsider TLV?” There is no answer. So our banhat then types, “Well, we can work with this. Can everyone else show picks, please?”

We do, and the draft proceeds normally. We choose heroes that complement TLV, they didn’t lock until the end, and countered their team. Since they went with Gul’dan and Nazeebo, and we would be doing a lot of 4 man deathball rotating, I picked Lucio.

As it turns out, the level 11 account was fantastic at TLV (Must be an RTS veteran! :D) and we deathball-ganked the heck out of the enemy team, usually going into the objective with a numbers and level advantage. At the end, the Vikings had soaked 40k XP, and the poor enemy team stood no chance.

So, long story short, never judge a book by its cover, TLV can work if the rest of the team is on board and knows how to play with them, and while stomps aren’t fun, the unexpected ones can be.

3 Likes

We need more threads like this and less “garbage game is dead I have been playing for 48 games and just uninstalled cause matchmaking and whatever” ones.

9 Likes

Never Judge a Viking by it’s Beard.

2 Likes